313 350z bogging down in low revs!!

james87

Hi all,

Just bought myself a 57 plate facelift 313.

I have an issue when pulling away slowly in first and second gear,

once off the clutch i notice that the car jolts quite badly when increasing the speed?!?

This only seems to happen under 2k revs when the car is fully warmed up.

The car is going into the garage next week but was wondering if anyone has any ideas what might be causing this so i can help my mechanic resolve the problem?

Thanks

Jolts in first and second in low revs... (and its winter)... perhaps your givin' it too much welly off the line or too little grip when your pulling away? (the ESP comes down like an anvil and your car will jolt doin this, although you'll see the light flicker too.... just a guess lol Can happen if the tyres are cold and you go to accelerate hardish in the lower gears, i came out of work jumped on the M8 and it still lit up in 3rd, although I was pushing a bit for a couple of secs coming off the sliproad... :blush::hypocrite:

Oh and welcome!... :wave: I really do hope thats what it is and not a more serious issue!

Edited by AMT

100% sure its not traction control coming in as this is my second 350 and the light never shows, it happens only when you drive gently?

if you boot it away its fine!!

some good advice tho so thank you all!!!

thanks for all the :welcome: messages ;)

I assume you are running it on 98 RON fuel and not 95, Sounds like the Throttle Body and MAF need a good clean and re-set .

Have it checked for error codes, or as "rtbiscuit" said it could be a vac leak. May also look at a breakdown of a coil pack.

Good Luck let us know what it is..

:thumbs: :thumbs:

• 6 months later...

Just been out for an hour and the hesitation/bog is defiantly softer when the engine is hot. Only starts doing it after about 10 minutes of driving once its warmed up. Always happens under 2000 rpm on light throttle