313 350z bogging down in low revs!!

james87

Done the plugs on her the other day, also cleaned the throttle body's as they were dirty, still no change. I'm convinced its the exhaust cam phasing that's causing the issue. Don't really no what the fix is at this point. Can't understand how only a handful of hr's do this.

use first gear more 3.5kRPM, and then change into 2nd later? (that would be about 2.5k(RPM) I've got a similar problem but its only if I come off the throttle in 1st or low down in 2nd. Chances are the car isn't getting enough momentum behind it to sustain a 2nd gear pull-away. If mechanicals are sound, and computer reads out are clear, (I hate to say it) but perhaps it's down to driving style? I'll be interested to see any further developments.

Welcome and happy driving!

use first gear more 3.5kRPM, and then change into 2nd later? (that would be about 2.5k(RPM) I've got a similar problem but its only if I come off the throttle in 1st or low down in 2nd. Chances are the car isn't getting enough momentum behind it to sustain a 2nd gear pull-away. If mechanicals are sound, and computer reads out are clear, (I hate to say it) but perhaps it's down to driving style? I'll be interested to see any further developments.

Welcome and happy driving!

I don't like ragging my 313 it in 1st and generally change to second pretty early and never have this problem, I can pretty much pull away in 2nd if I really wanted to.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Oil does have an effect on it as when I changed mine for 0w-40 it was less harsh but still noticeable. Mark at abbey did explain to me what was actually making it do it but I can't remember exactly what it was now. The timing on the hr is electromagnetically adjustable and goes out of target that's why you get the stutter. If you give mark a call I'm sure he will explain all and get you booked in for an uprev! Mine drives so much better since the uprev. They should come out the factory as smooth as mine is now. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk