SMDs guide to Zed Insurance

spursmaddave

I can't believe we are giving advice to people on how to get a decent insurance quote!

We're not talking about people buying their first car! By the time you get to a Zed, I'd hope you'd be at least 21 and have been driving for a few years.

There are some fair tards in the world though.

• Like 1

I can't believe we are giving advice to people on how to get a decent insurance quote!

We're not talking about people buying their first car! By the time you get to a Zed, I'd hope you'd be at least 21 and have been driving for a few years.

you'd think, but the amount of questions we get.

step 2 - log on to go compare; pull up quote from last year, change things like the date etc resubmit

step 3 - same as step 2 but this time on comparethemarket.com

step 4 - same as step 2 and 3 but this time on gocompare.com

step 5 - find the lowest possible quote from all 3 websites,

That's just 2 websites. :shrug:

I think he got confused (.com) :teeth:

heis disslexic yu nowe

I changed from admiral to elephant yesterday. I know they are sister companies but i was sick of admiral and didn't want to give them any more of my money, directly.

When I rang up to cancel it and they asked, "what could they do to make me stay?"

I said, "hows about you give me a fair price on my renewal rather than try and rip me off and hope I don't notice that your taking me to the cleaners." I got a laugh of the girl on the other side of the phone - must happen a lot.

I know they might have beaten the quote from elephant but I had sour grapes.

Best part was when I rang elephant after getting a quote of the meerkat I actually got the price down another £40. was very pleased :clap: turns out i got it £250 cheaper than was quoted in my renewal.

None of that ringing round hassle to get the best quote for us anymore :yahoo:

One company does it all, kinda like a canadian version of the DVLA, but far more efficient.

The only down side . . . .

"I would like to insure this truck please"

"That will be $3685 please sir"

:scare:

"Can you do it any cheaper"

"No, its $3685"

"ok then" ..... sheepishly hands over credit card

On the plus side they have processed our UK no claims stuff for the last 8 years and we now get 35% (out of a total of 40%) off that price :teeth:

There are some fair tards in the world though.

Idea for new thread about insurance and make this one a sticky and locked.

Title: What I need to know about buying insurance for my Zed and how to get a good deal!

Content: GROW A PAIR!!! :rant:

YOU'RE OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW HOW TO DO THIS! :rant:

IF NOT, THEN PLEASE ASK YOUR PARENTS TO STOP MOLLY-CODDLING YOU! :rant:

+ all the above

if a company cannot quote you their best renewal price to start with DO NOT give them your money!!

if they can match the cheapest or best after doing your homework then they do not deserve your money as an existing customer they should offer the best deal for you to start with!! they show zero loyalty to you so show the same back!!

Content: GROW A PAIR!!! :rant:

YOU'RE OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW HOW TO DO THIS! :rant:

IF NOT, THEN PLEASE ASK YOUR PARENTS TO STOP MOLLY-CODDLING YOU! :rant:

Someone could say the same thing about you and sex :lol:

True but at least I've learnt from experience. It's not as if I've never tried. Women just don't like me, unless they're cougars.

Jeeez if anybody actually bothered to read the first post they would see I was moaning about what 99% of people have posted :doh:

My exact point was it is very easy don't go asking on here who is best because who is best for me is not who is best for you anyway :lol:

For example Ricey said 'Use Livingstone Warman'

Great so I should pay over double what I am and talk again to the rudest bloke ny Missus has ever spoken to :shrug: Genius :thumbs:

Thats my point do it yourslef as advice is worthless if you take it and get a good quote it is pure luck....

Jeeez if anybody actually bothered to read the first post they would see I was moaning about what 99% of people have posted :doh:

My exact point was it is very easy don't go asking on here who is best because who is best for me is not who is best for you anyway :lol:

For example Ricey said 'Use Livingstone Warman'

Great so I should pay over double what I am and talk again to the rudest bloke ny Missus has ever spoken to :shrug: Genius :thumbs:

Thats my point do it yourslef as advice is worthless if you take it and get a good quote it is pure luck....

Yes you should.

Now shut up! :teeth:

S'okay Dave, some of us had noticed that the original post might've gone over a few peoples' heads.

I did think it would go this way.... :dry:

Think I will start a guide to how to price your own car and not post up 'Whats my car worth' instead....

:headhurt:

Good luck with that one. :surrender:

S'okay Dave, some of us had noticed that the original post might've gone over a few peoples' heads.

Think I will start a guide to how to price your own car and not post up 'Whats my car worth' instead....

Out of interest what way did you think it would go? :shrug:

The way it has....

The way it has....

Hahah....totally read that wrong didn't I!