Flyboy-Mirror Auto Fold Module - GROUP BUY 2017

flyboy

Guys it really is easy to fit.... If I can do it anyone can. I did have a problem with the first one and Papa had to help me but considering I had to MAKE that one I think thats acceptable.

Door card off and splice a couple of wires it really is that simple....

I don't like depriving Chris & Bob of some donuts but they should both be on January diets anyway :stir:

Saying that a trip to the Zed Shed makes it worthwhile :group:

I'll have one :thumbs:

Anyone near me needs it fitted BRING DOUGHNUTS! :lol:

Any particular type of doughnuts? Ring or creme filled? I know Dave loves both types.

On a serious note. Cost of doughnuts to get this fitted and I get to visit the ZedShed makes this ever so appealing to purchase!

Deal breaker... Do I get a sticker if I come down? :lol:

:lol:

krispy kreme :thumbs:

Due to popular demand and a lot of visitors we ran out - but more are in the pipeline and if you visits and have something done to your Zed the yup you get a sticker :lol:

If i can the find the one I've got on my desk it's yours for a tenner :surrender: :wink:

Screw it. I'm probably gonna kill myself when I drop the door glass but maybe I can get someone to fit it....

I'm In.

You dont go near the door glass :lol:

Remove a few bolts, remove window switches, remove door card and the cable that operates the central locking.

That guide is great, I used an older one but that one is much better...

Much more rewarding when you DIY

Screw it. I'm probably gonna kill myself when I drop the door glass but maybe I can get someone to fit it....

I'm In.

You dont go near the door glass :lol:

Remove a few bolts, remove window switches, remove door card and the cable that operates the central locking.

That guide is great, I used an older one but that one is much better...

Much more rewarding when you DIY

I think flyboy is saying you do now on his version :)

Can't see why you would need to remove the glass :shrug:

The module works off the 12volt signal to the door lock solenoid instead of using a stick on microswitch on the internal door handle mechanism.

To get to the wires for the solenoid you have to take off the inner metal panel.

I think there is no way to do this without taking out the glass.

If there is then let me know.

I will do a version with the switch if there is demand for it.

I'm In.

Where are you based buddy?

I'm in Suffolk :) not too far to travel to London or something.

The switch version does sound good as It means removing less. But it's not as reliable, as you said what with the positioning and the issue with it maybe falling off.

Still definatly up for it and if nobody is about to help me fit I'm sure il give it a go one day when I'm in a brave mood!

Can't see why you would need to remove the glass :shrug:

The module works off the 12volt signal to the door lock solenoid instead of using a stick on microswitch on the internal door handle mechanism.

To get to the wires for the solenoid you have to take off the inner metal panel.

I think there is no way to do this without taking out the glass.

If there is then let me know.

I will do a version with the switch if there is demand for it.

Your version sounds better and I am sure the extra effort to take the window out is worth it :thumbs:

I won't be changing mine it has been on for 2 years now and even survived a side swipe that meant a new door skin and reconnecting everything :surrender:

Any particular type of doughnuts? Ring or creme filled? I know Dave loves both types.

On a serious note. Cost of doughnuts to get this fitted and I get to visit the ZedShed makes this ever so appealing to purchase!

Due to popular demand and a lot of visitors we ran out - but more are in the pipeline and if you visits and have something done to your Zed the yup you get a sticker :lol:

OK I'm in! Put me down for one!

OK I'm in! Put me down for one!

As there is no stickers left :p ..... how about a Zed Shed Tattoo :lol:

It would be nice if this could work on the 370s, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

Send me your wiring diagram of the 370 or I can send you a schematic diagram of how the unit is fitted and we can have a look!!

Thanks. Spent a while this pm trying to find a wiring diagram for the 370 without success, but did get unwanted toolbar when trying to (unsuccessfully)download a service manual off a US 370 forum though :dry: .

Have another go tomorrow, unless anyone on here can help out? :)

I'll have one BUT will DEF need an adult to help (that is a euphamism for "do") with the fitting...

On the off chance I can piggy back on a group fitting somewhere someday I'll pop it into the cupboard and wait patiently...

David