Flyboy-Mirror Auto Fold Module - GROUP BUY 2017

flyboy

just a quick post to say thanks to Martin for all his assistance, I couldn't find a responsible grown up to fit the mod, so with delusions of competence I forged ahead, two hours later nothing was working ( rather it was but not as it was supposed to, everything worked opposite way round) after using short words and many pictures :wacko: Martin finally got me through it step by step, pleased to say all now up and working, many many thanks to Martin for his patience, :D

Edited by bobmac

Fitted this unit and it seems to be working... :)

Had a question, is there a reason why the mirrors do not unfold when you unlock the car but only when you turn ignition on? - I know this is by design, but wondered why?

Edited by wizard

Had a question, is there a reason why the mirrors do not unfold when you unlock the car but only when you turn ignition on? - I know this is by design, but wondered why?

Its to do with the way the BCM operates the door solenoid with no unique clean signal on the unlock command.

For lock it sends a clean signal.

For unlock it seems to send the same lock command as well as an unlock signal to the solenoid to tell it actually unlock not lock.

There is a bit of circuitry in the solenoid module to do this.

Its in the first post in this thread.

Martin

Its to do with the way the BCM operates the door solenoid with no unique clean signal on the unlock command.

For lock it sends a clean signal.

For unlock it seems to send the same lock command as well as an unlock signal to the solenoid to tell it actually unlock not lock.

There is a bit of circuitry in the solenoid module to do this.

Its in the first post in this thread.

Martin

Thanks Martin, I'll have a butchers! Great work btw, I'm loving it! :)

Mine arrived today! Getting stuck in now, first difference to all the guides is that first screw in the door pull - its not there. I don't know if this is facelift models onwards or just HR's. but the window control panel litterally just prises off, no screw

Now to see if there are any other differences....

So after messing up last night, and splicing into the wrong cable, got it working tonight! Hurrah!

A bit intermittent at first but once tidied up and secure in place it was fine :) did have a problem where the switch worked the opposite way round but the auto was fine - so I just switched the grey and white pins around in the module plug. All good now!

There are differences in some of the wire colours on the HR, but if you use cookbots guide and use the same pin locations in the plugs it's fine.

I have a general question on this module which I'm wondering if anyone else is having an issue with:

Once the ACC circuit is on, you must wait until the mirrors are unfolded before starting the car. If you do not wait for this and start the car then the mirrors do not unfold fully.

Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me? (wouldn't be an issue if my folding mirror switch was working with the module ofcourse! :lol:)

Edited by wizard

I have a general question on this module which I'm wondering if anyone else is having an issue with:

Once the ACC circuit is on, you must wait until the mirrors are unfolded before starting the car. If you do not wait for this and start the car then the mirrors do not unfold fully.

Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me? (wouldn't be an issue if my folding mirror switch was working with the module ofcourse! :lol:)

Hi Mate,

First of all I think you mean the acc on the ignition ie the accessory circuit, not the Air conditioning circuit which is what I think SteveW means.

As there are no limit switches on the mirrors to give feedback on their positions the unit works on a 5 second timed cycle which gives enough time for the mirror to fold or unfold without straining the motors and gears.

If you start cranking the car starter before the mirrors are unfolded you may be stealing all the juice from the battery especially if its not in the best charged condition.

This could stop the mirrors from unfolding during the 5 second period the circuit is live.

I don't think this happens on my car but I will check later.

If it happens to all the cars with the unit fitted then its probably not suitable to be fitted to a getaway car :ninja:

Have you tried my suggestions about the lights etc stopping the mirror from folding/unfolding.

It could all be related to a low current/voltage output from the battery.

As to the manual switch I am looking for an early (03) JDM wiring diagram at the moment to see if there are any differences.

There are wiring differences between cars as some people have had the switch work in reverse and have had to change over 2 wires

but I have not heard of a switch not working all together once all the connections have been double checked.

Double checked mine and nothing stops it unfolding/folding.

Lights, aircon, heated rear screen, fan on high, wipers, radio, indicator etc all on when ignition turned off.

Lock doors then unlock and start immediatly.

No issues.

Mirrors continue to unfold with as much current drain as I could muster.

I think it could be a loose connection or dodgy battery.

Hello,

Just to give an update to everyone if they have this problem in the future:

Issue:

After installation of Martin's unit, I suffered two showstopper issues:

1) The mirror switch didn't fold the mirrors on command always. Intermittently didn't work.

2) Swiching the main lights or side-lights to the on position and then switching them off would result in the mirrors folding.

Solution:

The unit was earthed with the 'mirror' switch which turned out to be too weak so the earth was run to the electric window switch which then resolved both issues.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...