Flyboy-Mirror Auto Fold Module - GROUP BUY 2017

flyboy

Hi Jim,

All I can suggest is that you check all the connections are good especially the earth, and make sure its wired in correctly.

Everyone who have had issues with the units not working at first have either wired them in incorrectly or have had a bad connection somewhere.

I have not had a faulty unit yet as I check each one works with my car before sending them out, and have only had to send out 1 extra one because of a lost package.

If you still cant get it to work after double checking everything then I will send you out another unit to plug into your connector.

If the second one doesn't work then you definitely have a wiring issue.

370z kit out yet? :D

Adrian,

I can send you one with a generic wiring diagram ie this wire goes to door lock command,This wire goes to mirror fold switch, This wire goes to earth etc etc which will work with the 370z but I cannot tell you where the wires are as I cannot make sense of all the wiring diagrams, without a car to play with.

• 3 weeks later...

Just trying this today and my mirrors don't fold in. The button doesn't work and neither does locking the car. Will go back and look and wiring tomorrow, I was getting too cold by the end! Thankfully all my other electrics still work.

I had 2 issues that hopefully someone can clear up:

Black wire to black wire splice on small plug, there are 2 black wires on small plug. One goes into the bottom row corner and one goes into the bottom row middle. Based on Cookbots guide I've gone with the one in the bottom corner is this correct?

Not sure if I've got to the right wire behind my speaker I've gone for this purple one.

2nrdZ7O.jpg

1Am1UD1.jpg

Is there anyway to troubleshoot which wire maybe at fault?

Edited by Randy_Baton

The black wire is an earth. I used the one in the corner but one member reported this was not a good earth on his car so used another one.

Any earth point or body connection can be used for the black wire from the module.

I think that's the correct purple wire. To check do you get a 12 volt +ve pulse on your meter on it when you lock the car.

No way to troubleshoot really just double check all the splice lock connectors have been fitted correctly and that everything is making good connections.

Everyone who has had an issue fitting found a bad connection somewhere.

Edited by flyboy

Re the 12 volt thing do you mean on the dial in the car or by an external volt meter? The volt meter in the car doesn't change it's either at 0 with keys out of the ignition or just bellow 12 with ignition on or around 14 with engine on. Locking/unlocking the doors doesn't fluctuate it.

There is high pitch tone that lasts 20 seconds or so when I get out and lock the doors. Don't think it was there before but it's not very loud and I'm normally off down the round whilst locking my car.

Edited by Randy_Baton

Well it worked for a bit I think it was the earth, correct wire but I'd gone in the light on the snap lock. I was worried I would cut the wire if I pushed the metal bit all the way in. I went round and did all the other snap locks.

However its stopped working after 30 minutes, the mirror fold button now works so I can fold the mirrors manually but it works the other way round than it used to (switch to the left unfolds the mirror)! All I was doing in those 30 minutes was trying to reset the tape deck (for the BOSE hack), so i was switching between ignition point one and off and holding down the tape eject on the stereo.

Come to think of it I can't remember if I tested it after putting the handle trim back on or not so something may have come undone whilst putting the handle back it (I didn't have to take off the whole door trim today). I did wrap all the wires together with electrical tape and cable ties though so there shouldn't have been much scope for connectors coming apart.

Edited by Randy_Baton

I found with mine that I had to swap the two colours around for the signal to and from the module then the switch worked the right way. I have to leave my switch in the normal unfolded position and it works fine.

Also I dumped the scotch locks as they didn't really work for me. They weren't strong enough to cut the insulation on the car side cables

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Re the 12 volt thing do you mean on the dial in the car or by an external volt meter? The volt meter in the car doesn't change it's either at 0 with keys out of the ignition or just bellow 12 with ignition on or around 14 with engine on. Locking/unlocking the doors doesn't fluctuate it.

There is high pitch tone that lasts 20 seconds or so when I get out and lock the doors. Don't think it was there before but it's not very loud and I'm normally off down the round whilst locking my car.

I mean the multimeter you are using to help with the installation to check your live, earth , connections etc.

You really should be using one. If you dont know what one is then I would ask for some help from someone who does and knows what I mean.

• Like 1

Well it worked for a bit I think it was the earth, correct wire but I'd gone in the light on the snap lock. I was worried I would cut the wire if I pushed the metal bit all the way in. I went round and did all the other snap locks.

However its stopped working after 30 minutes, the mirror fold button now works so I can fold the mirrors manually but it works the other way round than it used to (switch to the left unfolds the mirror)! All I was doing in those 30 minutes was trying to reset the tape deck (for the BOSE hack), so i was switching between ignition point one and off and holding down the tape eject on the stereo.

Come to think of it I can't remember if I tested it after putting the handle trim back on or not so something may have come undone whilst putting the handle back it (I didn't have to take off the whole door trim today). I did wrap all the wires together with electrical tape and cable ties though so there shouldn't have been much scope for connectors coming apart.

The splice locks should be pushed in all the way with a crimp tool or at the very least with a pair of good pliers, they wont work unless you do this.

Its even better to solder the connections.

Some cars seem to have the mirror switch wired the other way to mine (Unless its mine which is wrong)

Just change around the two wires to the mirror switch and this will fix the backwards fold/unfold operation.

You should be checking it works before putting the door card back on and then immediately afterwards to ensure you haven't dislodged anything whilst putting it back.

All I can suggest is check everything and also the fuse in the live wire to the unit.

If you cant get it to work pm me with your number and ill call you to see if I can help,

Edited by flyboy

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bloody marvellous! Just installed this bad boy and it works like magic. Pretty easy to do and didn't even have to get my multimeter out. Only thing I've noticed is when you turn ignition on and start the car in one go, they stop, you need to wait for them to open fully then start. Tiny thing and you should be waiting for lights to go out anyway... Great job flyboy. Be great to get a single write up though, swapping between forum threads is a bit annoying :)

If the mirrors are stopping then you need to find a better earth.

It was covered on here in another post as someone had the same problem.

Try the thicker black wire one on the other plug.

Bloody marvellous! Just installed this bad boy and it works like magic. Pretty easy to do and didn't even have to get my multimeter out. Only thing I've noticed is when you turn ignition on and start the car in one go, they stop, you need to wait for them to open fully then start. Tiny thing and you should be waiting for lights to go out anyway... Great job flyboy. Be great to get a single write up though, swapping between forum threads is a bit annoying :)

any kits for 370z?also isyour reversing camera kitfor 370 applicable to 2009 models?

I have spent many hours with the doorcard to my new zed off trying to get a module to work, and the outcome is unfortunately No there will not be a version for the 370.

The door lock and mirror control seem to now be fully Canban controlled. with the mirrors on separate circuits

I have taken out the mirror control fuse about a dozen times and will not risk taking out my BCM with more experimenting.

I think the only way to do it would be to re wire to the door mirrors to power in and out using a micro switch operated by the door locking solenoid.

This would require too much work by the installer and would not be feasible.