netflx/lovefilm etc

ewan221

Im making the same decision, it seems lovefilms are doing a promotion at the moment for 4.99 pcm for all movies but they couldnt say when the promotional price would end..........doh!

ive heard the selection on lovefilms is significantly more limited than netflicks So im going to netflicks.

I get 12 months free lovefilm instant through talk talk and I've had a trial of netflix before. From what I remember I thought netflix was better as it had a wider range of films/ tv series.

They both have month long trials I believe, so give each a go and see what you think.

there's also blinkbox to add in now as well :)

I've currently got LoveFilm - 4 DVDs.BlueRays a month and unlimited online for about £10 a month - but the online is a bit disappointing at the mo. Nothing really up-to-date....

Though it's great it's on the PC, Xbox, PS3 nad the Ipad/Iphone.....

Netflix is ace.

I would use Lovefilm too but you have to pay for anything approaching a recent film, so the wider selection of Netflix works for me.

I had both for a good while. Love film has much newer and much more films then Netflix. Most films on Netflix are slightly older. Better choice of tv program's on Netflix and the search and interface pees on love film.

Just cancelled my LoveFilm Instant subscription... Was using it through the PS3, but the interface will only pull up the first 20 pages of any genre... Ie if you just want to browse action films by A-Z it would show that there were 170 or so pages, but the PS3 would only show the first 20 pages (getting to films beginning with C if you we're lucky)

Certainly, if you searched a specific title and it was available on 'watch now' (have to say, the instant selection was very poor and outdated, no where near as up to date as the direct rentals) it streamed perfectly in HD without any buffering issues.

Also, thee was often a disparity between what the website said was available on 'watch now' and what was actually available through the PS3.

No experience of Netflix though... Hopefully this is better. I'm surprised Blockbuster haven't got in on the act too!

I got free Love Film instant for a year. I've watched a few on iPad and a few through the PS3. I have sky movies and wouldn't cancel the subscription for the online stuff for sure.

The Love Film thing is good as it was free, it would be a waste of a fiver a month in my house though I fear!

Tried Lovefilm Instant and once you have seen the few good films on it, the remainder is rubbish. Moved to Netflix which is slightly better but that is boring me now.

Looked at Now TV but not going to buy a console just to watch it. Connecting a laptop to the TV each time is not an option.

My son uses blinkbox from his Xbox - quality is excellent and even recent stuff is available - you pay for what you watch so it's not a monthly subscription.

As it's all on his account, not sure about the costs - I seem to recall his latest purchase was all of series 2 of Game of Thrones which is about 10 hours of HBO for about £18 = £1.80 per episode - but they've only just finished screening this in the USA so it's very current.

Don't know about films, though

With netflix at the moment - but have probably watched anything worth watching by now after three months of membership - good for TV series that you never got round to seeing like Weeds and Breaking Bad but the actual film selection is pretty poor.

With netflix at the moment - but have probably watched anything worth watching by now after three months of membership - good for TV series that you never got round to seeing like Weeds and Breaking Bad but the actual film selection is pretty poor.

+1 was with them 3 months and left, they all seem to have a limited offering IMHO

Went with netflix for starters and have been enjoying first season spooks (i was a late starter with this) and some south park :p

You can get the US library if you make a change on your network settings on the console.and you get a far better selection, so might try this

Edited by ewan221