If you had £35,000 to spend on a car, what would you choose?

43 members have voted

1. 1. What would you choose?

• Aston Martin DB9
    • Aston Martin Vantage
    • Ferrari 360
    • Nissan GTR
    • Nissan Skyline (Highly Tuned)
    • Other

Me and some of the lads at work were chatting today saying that for what you get in terms of performance, you'd be stupid to spend £35k on say a Ferrari 360 when you could buy a GTR which is far better.

Basically me and my supervisor love the GTR. It's my dream car. One of the other lads said he'd choose the Ferrari purely for the name and if your chatting to females it sounds better saying you own a Ferrari rather than a Nissan.

So what would you all choose if you had to splash the full £35k in one go on a sports car?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Rari. I dont think any of the others get close to the rawness and experience of driving. I also really really like Ferarris. I used to be a 'rari hater but their cars are epic.

GTRs are fast but I also think they are sterile and miss something. The ferrari looks good, isnt the fastest but will drive with character and with it being mid engine will be a good and fun challenge. I bet its a car that rewards you for driving well and not just glosses over that fact with technology. The noise, seating position and feeling the rari would give you IMO would also be superior.

Edited by Dblock

None of the above although the GTR would tickle my fancy, but I'd opt for an early Galardo, or an Ultima.

I dont think Galardo are under £35k?

Oh yeah, maybe I was dreaming and hoping. Just the ultima then :lol:

None of the above although the GTR would tickle my fancy, but I'd opt for an early Galardo, or an Ultima.

Got me excited about them then I check the price and slumped again. Ultimas are amazing no doubt but is it just me. They are a bit ugly.

None of those. Either a 355 if I could stomach the bills and find one with an interior that didn't look like it was put together by a work experience boy on a Friday afternoon, or a 997 C2S.

No way is a GTR better than most of those cars on the list, unless you define better as being able to have a pissing contest with numbers in the pub.

Got me excited about them then I check the price and slumped again. Ultimas are amazing no doubt but is it just me. They are a bit ugly.

I wouldn't say they're ugly, just different. I saw one at the Ring a couple of years ago and fell in love. Jez has one as a project for himself but its been under wraps for a long while. Maybe he might let it go cheap.

Ha ha the lambo price I would have would be at £35k but sadly no, they have fluctuated in price that's for sure. Could have sworn I saw one or two in the £40k region not so long ago.

Ekona, GTR's aren't that bad, they may not be the best looking design but I'm sure if one was parked in your drive you wouldn't hesitate to drive it and see what they're all about. They're actually very well put together inside, and you wouldn't know you've got a wealth of power till you hit the loud pedal.

Interesting that not one person has chosen the DB9!

Personally i think they are really boring to look at,like the generic Aston shape of late. The DBS is much more of a statement,and so much better looking. Id still have the Vantage though,if i could find one in that price with the later 4.7 engine.

Nobody has mentioned V8 M3,or older M5/M6,AMG Merc's,or Maserati. If it was my £35k,it would be a Gransport Maserati in Blue,like this one http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/maserati/gransport/maserati-club-concours-winner-2012/398443

I'd be buying a 355 Berlinetta or GTS. I've been hankering after one for years but I'd need a garage as I don't think it would take too kindly to sitting on my drive all the through the winter. Damn you wifey for talking me into converting the garage into a dining room :dry:

I'd be buying a 355 Berlinetta or GTS. I've been hankering after one for years but I'd need a garage as I don't think it would take too kindly to sitting on my drive all the through the winter. Damn you wifey for talking me into converting the garage into a dining room :dry:

At least you don't have to eat your dinner on the drive anymore :thumbs:

:poppy:

Edited by spursmaddave