Scream if you want to go faster!

evilscorp

Copied from a post I made on another website, which I thought would give me better ideas/answers but so far just pi$#h;

Hey guys, got bored of 360whp from my vortexh v3 Sci, so I am planning on building my block and a few other things to up the power safely.

Items on car:

Gt maf

Walbro 255pump

Detchwerks 600cc injectors

aam stage 0 fuel return.

Stillen oil pan

One step colder plugs

AMS pulleys

Plenum spacer

Decats

Dc sports exhaust.

V3 SCI at 8psi.

The suspension brakes etc have all been done and other mods that don't matter, just interested in the engine.

So I have bought acl bearings and eagle rods, 3"charge pipe, comp clutch stage4 but need help on the rest!

What I plan on buying:

Arp head bolts

HR head gasket?

Modify the block to improve cooling and make use of the HR gasket,(drill new water ways or something, seen it on an online magazine about a drift car vq35 DE build.http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/1882/PageID/2855/The-Three-Day-Wonder-Building-a-Nissan-VQ35DE-in-Just-3-Days.aspx)

Fluidampr crank pulley.

3.12 vortech pulley(should max out the blower rpm)

Pistons???9.8:1 or 10:1?

Piston rings???

DC sports headers

Lightweight flywheel

Rev-up oil pump.

Balance the bottom end from flywheel to crank pulley

Hone block.

Uprev(again)

Leaving the heads alone bar cleaning.

Anything I've missed/suggestions for pistons?

And no I don't want to swap the blower for t-trim etc, going to see what is possible with mine.

Cheers for any help =)

Edited by evilscorp

• 4 weeks later...

Polishing my rod :lol:

cleaningparts_zps2a2c64cd.jpg

and measuring my big end :p

bigendmesurement_zpsb6d00283.jpg

Trying out my new tools in prep of the build, all big ends measure 55.02mm +0.01 for two of them but was just a rough check. (tiny bit under the eagle website specs 2.1670 to my 2.1661inch)

no scratches on the rods just some black stains from the old bearings that wont come off (at least I know they have not spun previously)

Not taken the new bearings out the plastic to measure them yet as there is no point until I get crank pins checked for sizes.

Started her up for the first time in a few months with no issues bar having to charge the battery beforehand.

New job and wedding will make this a slow progress build (along with collecting the parts :dry: )

Still need to find a good machine shop in Scotland, only response I have had is from shops down south (well, one in hull), which want me to bring a block in :headhurt: rather than give me a quote for the work I require.

Fortunately I got a gopro for my Christmas and the suction mount so once she is taxed at the end of the month (and I find my mot certificate) I will post some vids for before and after reference (0-60, noise, etc)

Just a few more tools needed (engine stand,crank pulley puller and plastiy gauge) then some kind words with my parents to use their garage (or totally refurb the leaky hole of a garage I use the now).

No doubt I won't have found a new house by the time the machine work is done and will end up rebuilding the engine in my parents conservatory for cleanliness =s

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New job started and house hunting has slowed progress. Still managed to buy a Nismo thermostat and other bits. :) But I thought I might have got away with the parts I imported but good old customs man was only a few weeks late :dry:

House first, then I can buy my friends unused engine hoist to start the build.

Used the car quite often recently and I don't think the clutch will last till the build begins so ordering a new flywheel and cable (c'mon clarkmotorsports with the group buy!).

A wee test video of the gopro

http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/evilZ69/media/firstcarvideo_zps4f5e2d23.mp4.html

Need to lookout the better housing for improved sound.

Also here is part of the box shown earlier, this time open :teeth:

IMAG01191_zps99f92400.jpg

I had ordered the new silver + as it's nearly as good as the old black 3 but ended up cancelling my order as the company was taking too long to deliver and needed it for Xmas. In the end went with the old black 3(not the new plus + ,$$$) still playing about with memory cards and quality/frame rates also need to switch case as mentioned but so far happy with my purchase =) don't know what suction mount it has as it was a gift but seems very good, just need to make a lanyard for outside car use.

• 2 weeks later...

Still more to buy, could do with a lotto win to speed things up.

+1. :lol:

I wanna Super Charger!. :help::kicking:

Keyser is making it easy for you then =)

Nahh, think he's sold his and if I did get a Vortech then ideally I'd want the V3. B) Plenty of time for that though. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

IMAG0141_zps38e72087.jpg

Broken side skirt, should be fixable with cable ties and fiberglass repair kit tomorrow

IMAG0140_zpsfe83aa68.jpg

Dis-coloured exhaust in areas, looks like its a bit hot under there, hope its ok.

IMAG0142_zps3b378b62.jpg

How she will look until I buy an aggressive lip spoiler, actually quite like it as it is (once it gets a clean) shame the number plate will no doubt ruin it.

• 1 month later...

Getting serious now :evil:

IMAG01601_zps38f3246c.jpg

Finally able to listen to more stations than radio 1, also not sure where I put my chrome shiii,ty aerial when it came off for cleaning.

Probably the first mod people do but one of the last for me........... well maybe not last. ;)

If anyone knows of a Do- luck front bumper send a PM my way as the oem has outlived its welcome :dry:

• Like 1