wheeler dealers - Skyline tonight

ewan221

moooooiiii geeeeeenius mechanic Ed is gona sooooooorrrrt it all ooooooooout.

Mike Brewer is rubbish, the short cuts and 'plaster sticking' on issues wind me up.

It's quite compulsive viewing though.

Lol, car TV is balls at the minute. The only program worse than Wheeler Dealers is Classic Car Rescue!

"Old ahhhrt yer aaaaaaannd!" :lol:

I went to watch that and saw it was the chop shop dude..... Turned it off immediately.

I liked the chasing classic cars programme, American guy that was the anti stick a plaster over it guy. Little bubble in the paint? Full bare metal respray!

Watched it last night, awful cringeworthy stuff. I know they have to find a couple of 'issues' for Ed to sort but the turret rust looked like surface stuff to me, nowhere near bad enough to warrant grinding it out.

As the missus said this sort of programme is where non-car people get their 'pub talk' knowledge from, no mention of the many different models of Skyline - GTR vs GTS-T etc.

moooooiiii geeeeeenius mechanic Ed is gona sooooooorrrrt it all ooooooooout.

Mike Brewer is rubbish, the short cuts and 'plaster sticking' on issues wind me up.

It's quite compulsive viewing though.

Once a car dealer, always a car dealer :lol:

Ed (me ol') China cracks me up, he's far too big to work on cars - most of the time it looks like he's working on scale models, and that's coming from a fellow giant :lol:

You not got that running yet?

Lol, to be fair it runs fine, mechanically all good just looks a bit rough. I had grand designs for it and thought I'd do a few Wheeler Dealer-esque tricks to spruce it up but it just aint happened yet (damn you Edd China for making it look so easy!). And the constant rain over the last six weeks hasn't helped....especially with a leaky targa top :lol:

Best telly available bar none. Makes spods like me think they can fix things and are suitable qualified to wield a blowtorch.

Ed's a quality mech but I think he's forced into some of these bodge efforts by the restrictions on budget.

In the early series he'd always manage to get a full respray from his 'mate' for about £300.

"removing the entire head from an engine can be a tricky job but as a garage would charge about a thousand pounds its well worth having a crack yourself at home. All you need is a basic tool kit"

Yeah thats right.........well worth having a crack..........if you want your car written off beyond economic repair because Ricey figured the quickest way to remove the ancillaries would be to burn through anything meltable.

no wonder there budget is so tight when they pay over the odds on parts. on the XK one they did the prices they were quoting for things was way out.

have been watching classic car rescue, and although the 2 lead blokes are cringe worthy, i like seeing the old cars. but the guy doing the valuations has ruined his rep on that show. talk about over value a car.

Values it without even putting it on a ramp! That 911 was a dogs dinner too, used stlying cues from about 3 different models.

and yet it seems to be worth a fortune all of a sudden, he did the same with the E type. the mustang tonight was a copy of the boss 300, and that went for $29000