What mod have you done today?

ddcboyle

had to cancel Wales as should have been moving! but its been delayed until next month now! but over the past few months done the following.

Colour coded door handles

de-badged and smoothed front bumper

changed the front lip to the GT one and had bumper sprayed

added ABS eyelids

made tow eye mounted plate holder and fitted

added nismo rep RT side skirts,but not all that good so when Clarkmotorsport can figure out the right part number for some of the skirt grommets that need replacing as they got broken taking OEM skirts off, I am going to put the OEM ones back on until I can find a decent fitting skirts to change too.

had summer set of RAYS refurbed and will fit with spacers once I have new wheels nuts from Tarmac and sealed the alloys.

20150520_170218_zpskd6vhu9l.jpg

20150520_170257_zpsoypyphvy.jpg

So this is where you've been hiding ! Looking good mate.

• 3 weeks later...

few little jobs done over the weekend...

- oil and filter change (cleaned my HKS air filter as well)

- cleaned calipers and hubs from brake dust (squealing been bugging me for weeks)

- checked underneath the car for exhaust damage (ready in prep for Cobra resonated :-) )

- fitted my FREE forum sticker :-)

Plan for this week -

- new tyres

- hopefully fit/ get the exhaust fitted

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Done a few things over the past week....

- Cobra cat back Resonated exhaust (good noise!)

- Aluminium Kick plates

- LED numberplate lights (mine started flickering)

TO DO THIS WEEK

-Z Centre caps

- Rubber bush on lower arm

- get rid of brake squeal!

• Like 1

Weirdly, both front speakers stop working within 15 minutes of each other during a spirited run out yesterday, so today I set about ripping the rear trim out and getting to the amp. I hate removing the rear trim :(

Got to the amp and found two of the speaker wires for the front had simply turned to white dust in the bullet connectors. I then found I had no spare female bullets :angry: , so had to put some of it back in, return trip to Halfrauds :drive1: , take back out what I'd put back, put on a new bullet, realise I acutally needed a female bullet :bangin: , eventually stop titting about, jam the flaming trim back in and (there's always one bit you do out of sequence :bang: ). Finally got it all back together and back to full 5 channel loveliness :band:

I'm never taking the trim out again, EVER. :lol:

• Like 2

Weirdly, both front speakers stop working within 15 minutes of each other during a spirited run out yesterday, so today I set about ripping the rear trim out and getting to the amp. I hate removing the rear trim :(

Got to the amp and found two of the speaker wires for the front had simply turned to white dust in the bullet connectors. I then found I had no spare female bullets :angry: , so had to put some of it back in, return trip to Halfrauds :drive1: , take back out what I'd put back, put on a new bullet, realise I acutally needed a female bullet :bangin: , eventually stop titting about, jam the flaming trim back in and (there's always one bit you do out of sequence :bang: ). Finally got it all back together and back to full 5 channel loveliness :band:

I feel your pain! Hated doing this when fitting the reversing cam! And theres always one piece of trim you've forgotten in the process!

Couple of things done this weekend.

The first 2 pictures show some new U shaped switch guards I installed to stop me accidentally turning on the heated seats with my elbow. Was really difficult to find these, and I ended up ordering them off ebay from a U.S seller for $5 - seller: southbridge_massachusetts

The red guarded flip switch beside that gives power to my reversing camera and switches the screen to the right feed.

Second set of pictures shows some new laser Cut stainlesss steel Z centre caps I put together for the huge 19" Dotz alloys. I bought the alloy Z parts from a seller on ebay called 1972dragon. He seems to make a lot of stuff like this, and although hes not selling them at the moment, he can probably be persuaded to make some more if anyone else is interested. The discs were about 55m and flat with the Z cut out, and about 3-4mm thick, so i had to dremel out the inside lip of my original dotz centre caps about an extra 1-2mm, and glue these in. I decided it was the only way to make some decent centre caps for the dotz GTR forged wheels, as the centre cap size is huge, around 65mm, so choice was very limited.

post-24857-0-83545700-1434995166_thumb.jpg

post-24857-0-89790300-1434995185_thumb.jpg

post-24857-0-98575500-1434995200_thumb.jpg

post-24857-0-11633200-1434995210_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Small mods today, fitted a new rear number plate removing the dealer logo and adding 'NISSAN 350Z' in the middle at the bottom.

Also fitted LED number plate bulbs.

Tomorrows job is to fit the LED sidelights and silver indicator bulbs on the front then delete the front number plate surround and for the same kind of plate to the front.

Also planning to cleanup the cloudy headlamps tomorrow. Zed afternoon!