What Does Your Car Colour Say About You?

Ewan27

Bloody hell it was all a bit of fun and everyone else took it for what it was :shrug::yawn:

Like I said, no offence meant anywhere, just strikes me as a bit of a 5 year old spec question, sorry. :shrug:

I always thought a car webboard was the right place for car related opinions .......... actually, it is the right place, just not this one it seems. :thumbdown:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody hell it was all a bit of fun and everyone else took it for what it was :shrug::yawn:

Like I said, no offence meant anywhere, just strikes me as a bit of a 5 year old spec question, sorry. :shrug:

I always thought a car webboard was the right place for car related opinions .......... actually, it is the right place, just not this one it seems. :thumbdown:

If all that was on the forum was car related opinions this would be a dull place, if you find yourself above the level of threads like this please feel free to go and post on one of the other 8 forums for the cars you own :thumbs:

The great thing about this forum is the people on it and the diverse subjects that get talked about IMO

Its bloody stupid though, its like saying "the type of roofing on your house gives a lot away about your personality" ............ it doesnt as you dont tend to get a choice, even if you did its only between a few.

Colour of pants, computer screensaver, favourite drink, favourite dance move all good, youve got control over them but this is just a bit retarded IMO. Sorry for any offence or owt :)

SMD - change the record mate, your single unfunny is starting to get a bit tired. :yawn: Its always a strong look when you have to point out you are being sarcastic as well, all the top comedians say so. :thumbs:

EDIT: Obviously not tired to everyone, are you guys mates from playschool? :lol:

Yeah I have some good friends on here, luckily not everyone is a patronising, argumentative fool *

* this comment bears no relevance to anybody in this thread obviously

HHfight.jpg

Only kidding guys, I think you over reacted though Doc - I assume Ewan's comments were tongue in cheek?

I can see where you're coming from - I rate how a car drives way above how it looks. But it's also true that a car buying punter does have a choice of colours available - I'm sure manufacturers ditched the 'Model T any colour as long as it's black' strategy for a reason :lol:

Henry Ford wasn't far off the mark though - I waited a few months for the right black car to come up as I think they look nicerer. Maybe that's just the poncy designer in me :lol::lol::lol:

Jee whiz mate lighten up.

If i see a thread that i feel is a bit silly or that i'm not interested in I won't post in it. I dont feel the need to go storming in there and try to knock it or start off on one and boast about how many cars i own. Not impressed really, i only own one but thats plenty for me

Seems rather odd you felt the need to participate if you thought it was a silly subject.

Anyways back on topic Black Rose Rocks :teeth:

Yes my comment was entirely tongue in check, I put a winky face after it and everything. Granted the thread is not Z related, which is why I posted it in 'Off Topic Discussion'. I'm now regretting posting what was meant to be a lighthearted discussion between car fans.

P.S. The irony is you chose to post in a discussion to which you had no interest, and started that fact in your message.

Seeeeeriously

Docwra mate do you really think the OP and people posting in this thread actually believe that their personalities are reflected in their car colour? Do we always buy the same colour of car every time we trade in for a new one?

I'm sure this thread was started to have a laugh not to actually compare our personalities based on paintjobs. How it turned into an argument il never know

Anyone got any chill pills?

Well i liked this thread, till things got silly that is :boxing:

Anyway, i really wanted the sunset but i couldn't find one in near perfect condition, so i got a black one.

I hardly ever wear black and i like things that are unique, have i bought the wrong colour ?!? :scare:

Well i liked this thread, till things got silly that is :boxing:

Anyway, i really wanted the sunset but i couldn't find one in near perfect condition, so i got a black one.

I hardly ever wear black and i like things that are unique, have i bought the wrong colour ?!? :scare:

Nope you definitely bought the best and the fastest colour :teeth: loved my black zed just after a good wash and wax, nothing could beat the gleam from a black car. Pity 5 minutes down the road it would be filthy again :headhurt:

As this thread is being taken very seriously, I have been carrying out analysis on some of my past purchases:

Pearl - nil return

Silver - Nissan QX/Toyota Corolla/Alfasud

Red - Rover 216Gti TC/VW Jetta 1300c/Alfa 145

Orange - Caterham/Citroen 2CV

Brown - Morris Marina 1700L :wacko:

White - VW Polo 1.0/Nissan Micra Colette :scare:

Dark Green - Peugeot 304/Austin A35

Yellow - Westfield

Gold - Hillman Hunter Super Auto :p

Dark Blue - Hillman Minx/350Z

Grey - Toyota Corolla/Peugeot 309Gti

Black - Morris Minor

I conclude that this eclectic mix of cars and colours makes me the complete person. May I hasten to add that I did not own all of these cars at the same time (I only have 1.5 cars now) B)

As this thread is being taken very seriously, I have been carrying out analysis on some of my past purchases:

Pearl - nil return

Yellow - Westfield

Black - Morris Minor

I conclude that this eclectic mix of cars and colours makes me the complete person. May I hasten to add that I did not own all of these cars at the same time (I only have 1.5 cars now) B)

:lol::lol::clap::clap:

Pearl - nil return

Yellow - Westfield

Black - Morris Minor

:lol: Nice one

i defied logic with my last purchase, i bough tit because of the colour and the extras it had, as pretty much every other one i looked at didn't have it all. what i also got was lots of stuff to fix :lol:

but as project cars go i'm very happy :teeth:

OK I made my car Green - I didn't know it had some deep meaning - However it says -

Dark Green: Well-Balanced, Trustworthy, Traditional; Light Green: Organic, No-Fuss, Understated

Understated???!!!!!!!! Errrr Have to say I don't think so - Organic??/!!!! - well it eats fossil fuel :lol:

Of course it is often said by close friends and family "Well balanced and Understated" - Its just never said about me :lol:

OK I made my car Green - I didn't know it had some deep meaning - However it says -

Dark Green: Well-Balanced, Trustworthy, Traditional; Light Green: Organic, No-Fuss, Understated

Understated???!!!!!!!! Errrr Have to say I don't think so - Organic??/!!!! - well it eats fossil fuel :lol:

Of course it is often said by close friends and family "Well balanced and Understated" - Its just never said about me :lol:

What about the rest of your car? Are you making up for something? ;)

My first car was black & I vowed never to buy another due to the pain of keeping it clean, now I`m on the fifth Black one & sometimes I like to have 2 at a time. What does that say about me? I love cleaning cars? Once you go black you never go back? :shrug:

Yep that description of a yellow car owner fits Beavis exactly :lol:

:ban:

:lol::lol::lol:

Errrhh No!

Awwwe but I think it does :winkiss:

And without going back to the arguing this thread sums up what I love about this place.... yes it's off topic although vaguely car related but it gets us all chatting and laughing and thats what this place is all about!

Informative

Knowledgable members

Friendly banter

Long may it continue :clap: