true story....

WINKJ

so I pull into Tesco's petrol station in the Z (like usual as it drinks the good stuff)...

see some chap taking a good look at the car, I get out, start fuelling her up...

and he says - "nice motor mate"

I reply - "cheers, its my pride and joy"

( in the mean time I had put about £30 top up in so that was fine)

he then proceeds to say - "what is that? a maserati?"

( at this point I had finished fuelling and I had paid at the pump)

I reply (with a :D on my face,- "yes mate, yes it is"

get in and drive off... what a feeling! WHAT A RUSH!! B)

Love it!!!

It always nice to get those sorts of comments. I went to my 'salon' (que the pi$$ takes) the other day and on getting to the car park there was some gangsta looking guy hanging about and eyeing up my car.

On getting back turns out he was waiting to ask me loads of questions about it as he thought it was a'sick ride'.

I never thought I would encounter the following situation, but gods honest truth this happened.

On Saturday just gone I was stood outside my in laws place, my Zed was parked on the street outside the house. A taxi driver came up the road to pick up his fare and stopped to look at my car.

"What is it?..." he asked "....is it a Zonda?.." (I've got the old style silver badge, black background and silver Z on the bonnet and boot)

I honestly didn't know what to think or say, surely someone couldn't confuse my car with a Zonda?

After I gathered myself I just said "Its a 350Z mate" and the reply was "Mmmm, that doesn't mean anything to me.." and he looked a bit confused.

I then thought I better clear it up for him and explained it was a ten year old Nissan, which seemed to leave him equally dumbfounded. :lol:

I had the word 'Zagato' was used once when someone was trying to guess what mine was.

I also went to Goodwood recently, with Darren and Colin, parked up and a fella came up to us and said 'Is that a 350z?' pointing at mine which of course we pointed out it was and Colin hastily dished out some forum business cards, the guy then said he wanted to buy one and said 'I am only budgeting for about £14k-£15k so wont be able to afford one like that' pointing at my Zed...

...should have sold it there and then :lol:

We had a big meet at a township restaurant about 200kms away last year, big number of us roll in, anything from a 240z - 370z. The owner said they really are lovely Porsche's. Funny though, as we had you all here two weeks ago!!! Obviously couldn't spot the difference. Haha, then made the Porsche comments again this year when we went. Probably promoting to his future clientele that he's had the Porsche club there twice in a month! :lol::lol::lol:

Went out last night for my nephew's 6th birthday party at Pizza Hut :yahoo: (we had cake and everything)

He had a few similary aged friends with him and we were invited back to my sister's (his mum's) for a drink afterwards. I beat the couple of people carriers full of kids and their respective parents back to the house and a few of the kids jumped out of the cars and started looking at my Zed.

As I'd beaten them to the house, they'd instantly come to the conclusion it was 'mega fast' and a couple (including my nephew) asked "Is it a Ferrari"?

"Haha, no, I wish" was my reply. I missed a trick there. If I'd said it was, my nephew would of returned to school next week informing everyone that his uncle has a Ferrari. :lol:

I miss this about owning a zed. I used to often come out of shops and find complete strangers looking around my car drooling. Random people used to tell me "nice car", and any kids who play Gran Turismo used to shout out "nice car mate" when they saw it.

I think the "what is it?" comments seem to come from the fact they are very rare and look a lot more expensive than they are!

I miss this about owning a zed. I used to often come out of shops and find complete strangers looking around my car drooling. Random people used to tell me "nice car", and any kids who play Gran Turismo used to shout out "nice car mate" when they saw it.

I think the "what is it?" comments seem to come from the fact they are very rare and look a lot more expensive than they are!

i genuinely think they're expensive! but don't want to get into that debate again :lol:

Had the Porsche comment the other week when taking some stuff round to the the local recycling centre, although the poor guy (bless him) was adamant that is new 1.2D Corsa would be a be match, that was until his jaw dropped when I booted it out the car park.

Nicest comment so far is the detailer I use on a regular basis saying he wants to the buy the car when I'm done with it and he's prepared to wait.

Was collecting something in not a particularly affluent estate in my local town last night. As I pulled into the estate 2 rotund ladies in leggings (tight) gopped at me then as I got out my car they shouted for their kids to come see this car. Needless to say I watched my car from the window :) As I was leaving there was a group of kids on bikes who had congregated round my car and started following me and screaming at me to "drive fast"; there was a lot of speedbumbs so I couldn't drive fast!