[SOLD] Anyone fancy a project: Mitsubishi FTO

Will370z

Not sure if this is the right section to post this so feel free to move it.

A friend of mine is looking to get rid of his Mitsubishi FTO. Its the V6 mivec engine. Its currently sat on his drive being neglected. He originally bought it for his wife (in reality this meant it was a weekend toy for him) but its been sat there getting very little use. I asked how much he wants and he said he'd give it away but even if someone gave him £50 he'd be happy

Knowing many of you like projects i thought i'd post up here to see if anyone is interested. I will be honest and say its got quite a few scrapes and scratches on the front and one bigger one on the side (see photo) and the paintwork is starting to fade but hey its free...

Here are some pics.

Dadscamera001.jpg

Dadscamera002.jpg

Dadscamera004.jpg

Dadscamera005.jpg

Dadscamera008.jpg

Dadscamera007.jpg

Dadscamera006.jpg

Dadscamera003.jpg

Dadscamera009.jpg

If anyone wants any more information give me a shout.

Horrid engines to work on!! Gotta take it half apart just to change the plugs!

My ex had one of these (think she still has it in a garage actually) and I hated the damn thing.

Gutless engine, completely useless auto gearbox too.

GLWTS though :lol:

Horrid engines to work on!! Gotta take it half apart just to change the plugs!

My ex had one of these (think she still has it in a garage actually) and I hated the damn thing.

Gutless engine, completely useless auto gearbox too.

GLWTS though :lol:

Haha i know what you mean, but its free so i thought id throw the option out there in case someone is interested and it gets it off their drive.

If it was the mivec v6 engined one I would snap it up in a moment

It is the mivec v6, and i must admit i was tempted as its free. Could be a bit of fun.

But im not car technical at all and wouldnt have a clue under the hood. Also id have to sort the body work out as im way too fussy. If i had the knowhow or lived near the zed shed where i could learn from the masters i may be tempted.

It is the mivec v6, and i must admit i was tempted as its free. Could be a bit of fun.

But im not car technical at all and wouldnt have a clue under the hood. Also id have to sort the body work out as im way too fussy. If i had the knowhow or lived near the zed shed where i could learn from the masters i may be tempted.

lol i totally missed that in the first ad lol.

How does she run just now ?

Any major issues except body work damage?

lol i totally missed that in the first ad lol.

How does she run just now ?

Any major issues except body work damage?

Ive never been in the car so cant comment from experience. We didnt have time to start it today, just wanted to pop over and see what condition it was in. He had had a few glasses of vino so wasnt up for taking me for a spin.

I will ask him howit runs and get more details if you are interested. List any questions and i will forward them along.

The car is based in hereford.

I guess that's the GPX version?

I was looking at these quite some years ago, the V6 isn't that bad. Problem I found was trying to look out the damn rear window, you can't see a thing!!

Nice cars though.... reminds me of Grand Tourismo back in the day!

It's in Hereford Ricey, just down the road from you, go rip his arm off :stir::D

quote="Ricey"]If it wasn't the other side of the country I would tear his hand off as I've been hawking eBay for one of those for months! :surrender:

It's in Hereford Ricey, just down the road from you, go rip his arm off :stir::D

quote="Ricey"]If it wasn't the other side of the country I would tear his hand off as I've been hawking eBay for one of those for months! :surrender:

Sadly the road in question is The M6!

Oddly enough I'm actually very close to there in 2 weeks. No tax prob = no mot which = undrivable though.

Can't really ask the zed to tow it 100 odd miles!

Damn, I've always thought about having one of these as a little run around car that I can play around with since they're so cheap. It's too far for me to get though. Shame it's not in Surrey :(

Thanks for the interest guys. I've got a coupleof questions to ask my friend tomorrow evening then ill post up the answers. I want to find out whats involved in getting it back on the road as the mot is out.

Will

I spoke to the owner earlier on today to get some answers for the numerous people interested in the car.

I wanted to find out more about it before letting it go on here as i didnt want to pass on a dud even though its virtually free. Owner said he just wants £50 as a gesture but is happy to let it go to make room on the drive.

And so on to the responses.

1. The car is an import, brought in years ago.

2. Mileage 80-90k

3. The car has not been used actively since October last year. In may this year it was driven up from london to its current place of rest.

4. Tax expired in may as well as the MOT about the same time.

5. Battery is flat at the moment but other than that the owner said the car drives fine and there is nothing mechanically wrong with it.

Ive not got a clue when it comes to mechanics so ive not looked at the car in too much depth. I will leave that to you guys. But Given its been sat for such a long time i would expect its inevitable it will need some love to get it up and running and the bodywork needs some tlc. Its faded on the spoiler and bonnet and has numerous scratches down the front and a big scratch down one door - see photos.

Still it could be a fun little project. For all those that contacted me if you are still interested send me a pm and i'll pass on the owners number.