Olympics??

taffyjason

I'm glad I'm not the only one Stew, I've never been particularly impressed with him on MOTD, he doesn't seem capable of uttering anything more than auto cue one liners at times (they are so bad sometimes I have always assumed that he writes them himself) , always talks across people and doesn't let them finish even when he has asked a question. He seems somewhat out of his depth on this stage I have to say, he and old mother barker were cringe worthy on the opening night :surrender::thumbdown:

Sitting watching just now. Brazil vs Germany in the beach volleyball...... B)

I've been enjoying it but haven't been impressed with lineker. Every time he opens his mouth he sounds like a bitter ignorant idiot. It's a shame as BBC really are doing a great job!

As an example, I was watching the other night and he said 'and you'll be glad to know that Germany haven't got any medals yet!' - errrrrrrmmmmmm why? Because Germany have a superior football team to England? Because we had a war? Sorry but there is no place for comments like that within the BBC or on the Olympic stage. Disgraceful comment in my opinion.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you guys watching on BBC1/2/3 then? Not the live programmes on the extra HD channels? That's where I'm watching the events, and I've not seen Lineker or any of the usual lot, and it would appear to be better for it. No crap, just live sporting goodness :)

After many fiascos trying to get tickets, failing but still getting offered them at 4 times face value every single day in the run up :rant: I was determined not to have anything to do with it. To see loads of empty spaces at events that I was desperate to go to isnt helping much either, I think it was all a scam and they had no intention of giving tickets to people who lived close enough to go home every night, just makes me angry and even less inclined to watch it ..............

but I failed though, enjoying everything so far from weightlifting, archery, diving to eventing (the missus made me watch it, OK?), forgotten how much I enjoy swimming as well. The only thing Ive not really got into is the football, and I think thats just a mental block knowing that its not going to be as good as what we get week in, week out, similarly with Basketball.

As for beach volleyball, why cant we watch that all the time, is there anything it hasnt got going for it?? The Czech team hasd my full attention for an hour last night ........... even when they were wearing clothes!! :scare::scare::cloud9:

Hurrah a gold!

Actually, quite interested in the row with the badminton, saw some of it and it was disgusting, the Chinese clearly trying to avoid difficult games in the next round by deliberately fixing the results by losing - seeing them serving into the net repeatedly and hitting shots out on purpose, disgusting. Looks like they are going to get disqualified as well.

Are you guys watching on BBC1/2/3 then? Not the live programmes on the extra HD channels? That's where I'm watching the events, and I've not seen Lineker or any of the usual lot, and it would appear to be better for it. No crap, just live sporting goodness :)

I've been watching the hd channels. For the basketball they had 2 american guys who where quite good. The badminton had no commentators.

Volleyball and weight lifting have been my two favourite ones to watch. Beach volleyball sucks compared to indoor volleyball, get's you right into the game when they're going back and forth a few times!

Time to jump on this time trial bandwagon :thumbs: GWON WIGGO!

Beach volleyball sucks compared to indoor volleyball

Im actually starting to get withdrawal symptoms from beach volleyball, its sunny today so they wont be wearing clothes either. :thumbs:

Have to say, the BBC highlights each evening are a really good way to catch up without missing anything, Ive actually started taping them and watching other stuff live. Good show Auntie Beeb. :thumbs:

.... and some of you are complaining about the BBC commentary :doh:

You should be here.... ok, so its Canadian bias which I can live with, but the commentators are very irritating, and there are adverts every 10 frickin minutes and if they say "north gren..which" one more time :bang: ..... it's the O2 Dome in Greenwich you cretins :rant:

Good job done Mr Wiggins :#1: ..... only 15 Golds behind China :scare:

went to the beach volleyball last night and it was INCREDIBLE!!!

the atmosphere was fantastic. lots of crowd participation, shouting, heckling, congas, dancing, singing etc... its funny as we could see what the viewers on the BBC were watching, and it looked completely different to what actually was happening!

makes a change for everyone in London to get on so well! :blush: (maybe its because most of the londoners have left!!) :p

Table tennis on Monday.... heard good things about it so hopefully the atmosphere will be the same!

Oi Oi! :boxing::lol:

went to the beach volleyball last night and it was INCREDIBLE!!!

the atmosphere was fantastic. lots of crowd participation, shouting, heckling, congas, dancing, singing etc... its funny as we could see what the viewers on the BBC were watching, and it looked completely different to what actually was happening!

makes a change for everyone in London to get on so well! :blush: (maybe its because most of the londoners have left!!) :p

Table tennis on Monday.... heard good things about it so hopefully the atmosphere will be the same!