New SLK...?

marzman

So i've started seeing the new SLK on the road a lot recently, and i've got to say, it looks like a really handsome car.

The previous 2 SLK's have been a bit too feminine for me but the new model looks a bit meaner and more fun.

On PCP you can get the SLK250 Diesel model (56mpg!) for under £250 a month which is quite a bargain!

Compare that to a 370z on PCP which is 25ish MPG at £450-500... thats almost twice the price :surrender:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That can't be over the same period though, surely?

Yup. 10k miles a year over 24 months.

Forget to mention that the diesel model is 6.5 0-60 and has 500nm of torque :surrender:

SLK

http://www.contracthireandleasing.com/p ... -benz/slk/

370z

http://www.contracthireandleasing.com/p ... ssan/370z/

You know what thinking about it, the price of the SLK is too good to be true surely?!?

10k over 24 months, not much scope for fun is it :shrug: What's the pence per mile penalty!!!? :scare:

10k a year, with a 2 year contract.

...thats 50% more than i drive my zed currently ;)

Pence per mile penalties, typically are only 6p per mile... so if you go over by 5k miles they'll charge you £300 :lol:

10k over 24 months, not much scope for fun is it :shrug: What's the pence per mile penalty!!!? :scare:

You failed to spot the major fun factor killer - the SLK isnt petrol ;):stir:

6.5 0-60mph, with 500nm of torque. Im pretty sure that will give the zed a run for it's money in a straight line.

That said, im not after it for it's 'sports car capabilities' at all. I just like the thought of a nice looking, reasonably dynamic car that will get me 56mpg...

I think you should sell me your volks for 1k mate :lol:

:lol: You know, you actually did go through my mind when thinking about what i could get for my zed... :lol: but it would be more like £1500 :p

However im thinking about keeping the zed too, although not sure.

Ive just requested a test drive at my local Merc garage, so i'll see how that goes. My mrs is learning to drive at the moment, but i bought her a Fiesta last year to use when she passes. But im thinking now that i could sell that and give her the zed :snack:

My mate just got the slk350 petrol on car scheme.... Mainly because it's faster than my Zed :lol:

It is good and as its a work scheme it is cheaper than any other way of having the car but it's not for me; I want proper manual gears and I already own the Zed. I don't want to have to give it back after a year and be limited on how far I can drive and then fined for any tiny marks etc.

It does handle really well though :drive1

If you give the Zed to wifey you'll be forever worrying about her.................................. :D

:lol: You know, you actually did go through my mind when thinking about what i could get for my zed... :lol: but it would be more like £1500 :p

Ive just requested a test drive at my local Merc garage, so i'll see how that goes. My mrs is learning to drive at the moment, but i bought her a Fiesta last year to use when she passes. But im thinking now that i could sell that and give her the zed :snack:

You failed to spot the major fun factor killer - the SLK isnt petrol ;):stir:

6.5 0-60mph, with 500nm of torque. Im pretty sure that will give the zed a run for it's money in a straight line.

Until you get to a corner when the weight of the engine will keep you going straight :lol: While it has a LOT of torque, it still wont rev, so just doesnt have the same fizz as a petrol. I'll admit it will probably beat a 370z in a straight line once moving though.

I am sure we could work something out mate :thumbs:

My old man has been testing the SLK as he's in the market for a sports car. He test drove it and the new Audi TT.

In both cases he said they were gutless and nasty inside. The SLK was definitely more plush than the TT and had less 'Plastic' levers and stuff and the drive was really comfy, it just didn't have much life about it.

Told him to go test drive a 370z instead and then come back to see what his opinion is B)

I would rather stick my head in a bucket of boiling tar than drive another SLK, regardless of how nice it looked :bang:

If you want to be put in a position that bring tears to your eyes after 20 miles, go and see a physiotherapist it will be cheaper....... :blackeye:

Was THE most uncomfortable car I have ever driven, bet the new one ain't much better.

I would rather stick my head in a bucket of boiling tar than drive another SLK, regardless of how nice it looked :bang:

If you want to be put in a position that bring tears to your eyes after 20 miles, go and see a physiotherapist it will be cheaper....... :blackeye:

Was THE most uncomfortable car I have ever driven, bet the new one ain't much better.

So what you trying to say then Zugs, that your a big fan ;)

If your keeping the 350 why not see if a c class is the same price? C class's handle very well and can feel great too. They are also plush enough if doing the motorway grind.

The 56mpg and performance would tempt me but IMO a roadster isn't about going fast it's about the feel, the smells, the feeling of being outside and the sound! It might sound ok though?

Unless you have Bun's of Steel..... I would steer clear. Pauls SLK was not pleasant to drive :surrender:

Remind me again which version yours was? Was it the previous gen with the SLR-style headlights, or the one before with the square-o-rama ones?

I really like the new one, and am grateful that there's still an AMG model that has a V8 but no turbo strapped to it. Along with the C63, of course. :thumbs: It's just a huge shame there's no way to turn the TC off completely, as that really puts me off. I wouldn't mind if it was off properly but came in if you were completely hamfisted (Porsche do this), but it's the fact that it's always nannying at a level that bugs me. It shouldn't do, and it's stopping me buying some very good cars, but it does.