convertible rooves

rothers2901

It'll be fine.

Also, roofs. ;)

:boxing:

The accepted plural is "roofs".

The plural of roof is roofs or rooves

The Oxford English Dictionary lists "rooves" as an alternate, one of several outdated spellings used in the UK, and in New England as late as the 19th century :thumbs:

Thanks for the advice all the same.

It'll be fine.

Also, roofs. ;)

The Oxford English Dictionary lists "rooves" as an alternate, one of several outdated spellings used in the UK, and in New England as late as the 19th century :thumbs:

:lol:

So the accepted plural is roofs, but you still used rooves? ;)

It'll be fine.

Also, roofs. ;)

Rothers is old school - either that or he is a Kiwi :teeth::lol:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_p ... _or_rooves

So I would say 15 all :D

It'll be fine.

Also, roofs. ;)

Rothers is old school - either that or he is a Kiwi :teeth::lol:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_p ... _or_rooves

So I would say 15 all :D

ROOVES the plural of ROOF for people old enough who have actually read the English Dictionary not just used spell check on their computer. In fact old enough to know that the real Napoleon was not just a cheap brandy bought in the duty free shop.

Where is builder49 when you need some roof clarification :stir:

well.....there are different types of roofs...erm rooves - there's cold roofs/rooves and warm roofs/rooves, now the cold roof/roove must have air ventilating under it, and the warm roof/roove doesn't require any ventilation at all ...... everyone following this..... I could continue :snack:

I thought the plural is for multiple. The way its used here is singular which is roofs' (apostrophe after the s) :thumbs:

Oh Neily boy! The apostrophe indicates possession.

E.g.

The boys' football. (In this case more the ball belongs to more than one boy).

The boy's football. (I this case the ball belongs to a single boy).

As for the word roof. If you apply the grammatical rule that words which end in 'f' should have 'v' replace the 'f' then es added, rooves is the correct spelling. Children are still taught this rule but this word is an exception to the rule - cliff is another example. Other words like 'dwarf' can have either 'ves' or just 's' added - both are correct.

Ok ok moof along now nothing to see here......

Roofs, Rooves, Hoofs, Hooves, Dwarfs and Dwarves they are all hotly contested issues normally without any real answer. Both are equally right depending on which generation you are from.

:wheelchair:

........there's cold roofs/rooves and warm roofs/rooves, now the cold roof/roove must have air ventilating under it, and the warm roof/roove doesn't require any ventilation at all ...... everyone following this..... I could continue :snack:

Please do

please don't .... cold roofs/rooves do not require ventilation providing you use a top notch vapour permeable membrane and (dependant of the type of tile), counter battens