my latest mod.....

buster

As some of you may know i ve been unable to work for a couple of weeks due to ill health.Now i am on the mend and not one to sit around watching time go by i decided i'd should be able to undertake a little mod with out compromising my recovery.

Replace my wheels a couple of weeks back but never really took to the wheel centres.

bobswheelcentremod014.jpg

bobswheelcentremod015.jpg

One thing lead to another and this idea jumped into my head.

First of i removed the wheel centres...

bobswheelcentremod013.jpg

Dug out a spare wing z logo i had and removed the location prongs from it

bobswheelcentremod004.jpg

bobswheelcentremod005.jpg

The great thing here was that the badge was the same diameter as the wheel centres.Seeing that the o/e centres were retained by small bolts i though i d carry this over.I removed the 6 bolt from the centre cap,3 of them being dummies and there just to make the numbers up :lol: .Next job was to mark the wing badge and drill the holes.

bobswheelcentremod007.jpg

I then placed the centre cap onto the wing badge and pilot drilled the holes.

bobswheelcentremod008.jpg

bobswheelcentremod010.jpg

Next i sprayed the the ''new'' wheel centre cap silver as the black didn't work against the silver of the wheel.

bobswheelcentremod012.jpg

Refitted all the bolts and fitted to the wheel

bobswheelcentremod002.jpg

bobswheelcentremod001.jpg

bobswheelcentremod003.jpg

Personnally i think it works alot better then the centres that came with the wheels....thanks to Keyser for dropping the extra wing badges round this morning (and getting me out of bed)so i could finish the the job.

:teeth:

"Getting me out of bed" ROFL

I called him on my way back to the office just before 9am - no answer

2 seconds later he calls me back -

Me - "Are you up"

Buster - " I fecking am NOW!"

:lol::lol:

made my morning :yahoo:

Mods looking good mate - I hated the old centres!

Good job Bob B) Been pondering what to do with mine, or just leave them plain silver as is :shrug: Anyway, while you're up and about could you pop up to Surrey and finish painting our hall, landing and stairs, it shouldn't in anyway compromise your recovery :teeth:;)

Good job Bob B) Been pondering what to do with mine, or just leave them plain silver as is :shrug: Anyway, while you're up and about could you pop up to Surrey and finish painting our hall, landing and stairs, it shouldn't in anyway compromise your recovery :teeth:;)

Get back in the queue G :boxing::stir: - he has a lot of cleaning at the ZedShed to do first!!!!!!

Me me me me, all the time :p;)

Get back in the queue G :boxing::stir: - he has a lot of cleaning at the ZedShed to do first!!!!!!

• 8 months later...