I'm stuck at home :(

twobears

I'm stuck here at home because all the roads to the outside world are now flooded :angry: I've had to ring my instructor to cancel my riding lesson and I can't even get up to see my horse. Horse doesn't care, apparently, because she's been turned out in a really lush field and is busy wading around knee-deep in grass but I am fed up of this bl**dy weather :thumbdown: When will the rain ever stop?

Can I :ban: rain please?

When will the rain ever stop?

Not until the Jetstream shifts from its current position. I can tell you that there's absolutely no sign of it moving for at least another 2 weeks and there are already signs of yet another big storm heading our way for next week.

Pete

Ok, I'll go and get my Anti-Rain-Dance clothes on and do my special dance to drive the rain away. Hang on a sec!

I'll send round BBC's "look north" news, looking forward to the evening programme about the mad woman caught dancing with feathers in her hair :thumbs:

Thanks for the info Pete, even if you are the bearer of bad news :(

Ekona, no, the Evoque is my husband's company car and he has managed to get out of the village by driving on the grass verges. I don't think Mr Zed would take kindly to that sort of thing though :scare: Also, my husband still has to make the return journey this evening and, if the rain continues at this rate, I think he'll need some sort of car provided by the likes of Q that can turn into a boat :lol:

cmck13 - ok, I'll wave to camera just for you. I'm busy adding the final goose feathers to my outfit now :p

i love the rain, sorry to hear its not to your liking, i dislike the hot weather, so for me this respite from the bright burning thing is great :teeth:

Yet you have aussie genes in you lol.... come on rich :lol:

Twobears... stop moaning we live in the Uk.... what do you expect :lol:

i love the rain, sorry to hear its not to your liking, i dislike the hot weather, so for me this respite from the bright burning thing is great :teeth:

i don't mind the hot weather when i'm on holiday but even then i have my limits.

i don't burn easily though which is an advantage; my disadvantage is being part wookie. its like wearing a fur coat in the summer :blush:

She not Scottish though - we don't know what the sun looks like up here! :lol:

Ive had a great start to the day - MR2 we are supposed to be using on trackday tomorrow has decided its clutch should die overnight, and wont give up the location of its fluid reservoirs, the GTI-6 thats right in front of it has a power steering leak that Id left for a couple of weeks as I didnt think Id need the car so is out of commission, its hammering down with rain and the place we are supposed to be camping all weekend is arguably in East Anglia, the Midlands and the North East the three places there are severe weather warnings. Awesome. :yahoo:

Ive had a great start to the day - MR2 we are supposed to be using on trackday tomorrow has decided its clutch should die overnight, and wont give up the location of its fluid reservoirs, the GTI-6 thats right in front of it has a power steering leak that Id left for a couple of weeks as I didnt think Id need the car so is out of commission, its hammering down with rain and the place we are supposed to be camping all weekend is arguably in East Anglia, the Midlands and the North East the three places there are severe weather warnings. Awesome. :yahoo:

Yes mate it's peeing down in Teesside and has been since last night and loads of roads flooded :thumbdown: We are seeing a lot of water damaged cars through work now too! I bet the insurance companies are sick :surrender:

When will the rain ever stop?

Not until the Jetstream shifts from its current position. I can tell you that there's absolutely no sign of it moving for at least another 2 weeks and there are already signs of yet another big storm heading our way for next week.

Pete

excellent timing of mine buying a leaky targa top :thumbs:

S.

Got the MR2 fixed, going to see if I can find an ark of some sort as it will probably drown on the way to Blyton now :surrender:

Heard it was bad up your way from my Mum Lee, more to come today as well. Id probably just stay in bed for a bit if I was you ;)