Crashed my Z!! Badly!! Advice please?

SteveJJH

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to see the damage to your car,must have scared the hell out of you. Iv done a couple of events at Bedford,and that corner can be taken with just a small lift before you turn in,maybe even flat if your brave and confident. Maybe there was something on the track that you hit,that caused you to loose grip,if you were off line slightly that could have compounded the issue. I dont think it should cost you 4k to repair to be honest, but as others have said,depends on the extent of the damage to crash bars etc.

Im sorry to see this. I too had a freak accident in my car many years ago and was told I did 18K to the car by the insurance engineers. As others have said get a full list of the parts that need replacing, pm zmanalex and R35LEE the list and see what they can do to help. Im sure between them two and others on the forum you can get it sorted. It probably looks worse than it is seeing as the wheel looks failry straight in the photo. Is it in a garage local to the track? Just curious as im from Bedford myself.

Yeah Daryl, deffo something not right, I broke into the corner as I had been taking it easy all day, I don't think I was off line. I suspect I had cooked the rears, which isn't really anyone else's fault but mine anyway

It's in a garage local to me, which is near a place called Royston

Completely gutted for you mate but at least no one hurt. Sorry to interrupt the thread with a total track newbie question.

Who pays for the barrier? I had a bad smash a few years ago (mixture of freak circumstances and 14hr shifts that finish at 0400 melting my ability to adapt - lesson learnt) and got a bill for 28k from the roads service! Have to say I didn't even reply just forwarded to insurance company. I imagine tracks have their own cover for this stuff?

Hope you can save her mate.

R

I have to say;

a) well done for stacking it on a track and not the road.

B) well done for not coming up with some bullshit excuse about why it happened.

I'm not sure if this makes sense but I don't see much option other than to repair.

Your not insured so no write off payout - meaning your only recoup if you don't repair is flogged as salvage (which R35LEE may be interested in)........3k maybe?

On the plus side as its outside of insurance it won't be registered as CAT-C or D write off so car will retain its value.

I really feel for you, I can only imagine how you are feeling. I'd cry if I wrecked the Zed!

I hope you can get it all sorted to a reasonable budget, if there is no chassis damage it shouldn't be too rediculous :)

Yeah Daryl, deffo something not right, I broke into the corner as I had been taking it easy all day, I don't think I was off line. I suspect I had cooked the rears, which isn't really anyone else's fault but mine anyway

Rears too hot + trail braking = massive oversteer, especially on that corner which is hella fast but also the riskiest one on the circuit. I'm not trying to rub it in or anything, just hoping you know why it happened rather than just write it off as one of those random things.

Not that you've done that at all, in fact you're exactly how I hope I'll be if/when I ever have a big accident on track, definitely gutted but still taking it all the right way. :thumbs: I hope you get your car fixed up real soon, def go see the chaps at Abbey.

My brother span like crazy at the same corner a few weeks back in his Cayman R, he was just lucky not to hit anything.

Thanks for the support guys. It's being a bit of a tough week.

I've taken a bunch of photos now, do i just attach them using the bit in the post reply?

You're better off uploading them to photobucket which will give you the code to copy and paste here, remember to preview your post before submitting to make sure it works though. :thumbs:

Really sorry to hear this.

Others have said it and hearing it now doesn't alleviate the frustration I'm sure... but imagine if you'd broken something more valuable... like your head!! Simply weigh up the best solution for you (compromise between cost recuperated and time/effort involved) and then move on.

Nice to see forum support :thumbs: .

It doesnt look too bad at all mate to be honest.

Take the pictures to 3 or 4 garages if you can to try to get a quote. Often repair places have really inflated prices as they deal with insurance companies so can get away with it, but if you find a good independant boy shop they might be able to sort you out a great price.

Looking at that, assuming nothing is bent underneath, i'd say you'd be looking at only £1200 to fix it (not including airbags/interior as i dont know whats involved there).

Bad luck m8!

What airbags have deployed?

After just rebuilding my cat d accident damage 350z, i cant stress enough to get prices of all the parts first!

350z parts are not easy to come accross and pricey, i paid nearly £500 for a new rear quarter panel from nissan and £250 for a second hand door (delivered).. Thats if you do decide to repair it?

Then your going to have paintwork/fitting etc on top of that, i did all the work myself as im in the trade so didnt have the added expense, but it would of been around 2k.

Good luck if you do decide to repair the car.

just looking through the photos on photobucket and one of the tyres doesn't look right. i was in a bit of a hurry when i took it as the rain was coming and it's the first time i've had a decent look at the pics

Damn, is that a blowout on the rear tyre? What pressures were you running before you started the track day?