Real life MPG

Mikesding

Apologies if there are (and im sure there are!) threads regarding this. I did a search on my phone and it said no matches which I find hard to believe.

I just wondered what MPG I should really expect? Obviously you don't buy a 300hp v6 for mpg I just want to know how much I should really expect!

In my current car I'm hitting over the stated MPG values so hoping with some frugal driving it is possible in the 350z too?

Cheers guys, appreciate the info!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So hard to say as you can possibly get close to 40mpg on the motorway, and then with a nice heavy foot you could get this down to single figures i think especially on a track day. As a rough quide i do a 12-15mile trip to work every day in mine 3-4miles of country roads then 4-5 miles of dual carriage way then the rest is made up of town driving and i get around 24-25mpg driving normally.

I only got 140 miles out my last tank :blush:

We are talking Zeds not Chieftans :lol:

Who cares what the MPG is if you are bothered buy an ecomotive polo.

No doubt someone will come along and say how dare you tell me i shouldn't have bought a Zed but if you are worrying about petrol prices or MPG then you bought the wrong car :surrender:

On one of the few occasions i have reset the trip computer i got a very respectable 34mpg from London to Newcastle :thumbs:

its hard not to worry when the price of petrol goes up by a penny between every fill up. it'll be £2 a litre soon no problems.

however, im plenty happy that on a cruise controlled 75mph i can return around 33mpg - any car that does over 30 on a cruise is fine in my book.

All I really wanted from this thread was to believe I can get 30mpg+ if I drive carefully and you seem to have done that for me!

Low 20s might have swayed my opinion

Cheers guys!

What you should look at is the overall mileage, over a longish period. I've had my Zed from new and the computer has never been reset other than when I changed the battery. After it settled down I've found that over 13,000 miles its averaged 27.0 and that includes a bit of every type of motoring. One thing of note though is that I rarely go above 4k revs and always stick very closely to the speed limits. Caroline's roadster which we bought in 2010 is averaging a measly 21.2 over 5,000 miles but her trip to work and back is in heavy traffic...I think she uses more revs than me as well :lol:

Pete

All I really wanted from this thread was to believe I can get 30mpg+ if I drive carefully and you seem to have done that for me!

Cheers guys!

hmmm. you'll only get 30 if you travel on motorways 95% + of the time.

If you just go around town, you will get low 20s.

Cheers guys!

What you should look at is the overall mileage, over a longish period. I've had my Zed from new and the computer has never been reset other than when I changed the battery. After it settled down I've found that over 13,000 miles its averaged 27.0 and that includes a bit of every type of motoring. One thing of note though is that I rarely go above 4k revs and always stick very closely to the speed limits. Caroline's roadster which we bought in 2010 is averaging a measly 21.2 over 5,000 miles but her trip to work and back is in heavy traffic...I think she uses more revs than me as well :lol:

Pete

Pete you should run on 95 ron :wink:

:stir:

pssh, average mpg over a year doesnt mean a great deal to me - i know that when i drive to and from work i'm lucky to see 15mpg, but the other type of driving i do is cross country jaunts, in which case its 27mpg, or long cruises, in which case its 33mpg. if i had an average from the year then the dte would be inaccurate for the type of driving im doing.

i normally reset the trip computer whenever i start a different type of driving - doing half a tank round town and then half a tank motorway cruise gives me a meaningless number IMO.

Cheers guys!

hmmm. you'll only get 30 if you travel on motorways 95% + of the time.

If you just go around town, you will get low 20s.

I will be using it as my commuter as well as for fun, commute is mainly motorway so sounds fine to me :)