GTR WOULD YOU?

neo-ninja

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interestingly has anyone seen just how much the new Jag XJ's are depreciating!! 59k long wheelbase prem lux at 12 months old with about 10k on the clock can be had for 38k. Over 35% in one year! And I thought the xf was bad.

Jags have always dropped in value like a brick thrown into a pond though. Same as Rovers.... Not to mention Range Rovers... in fact anything "British" really.

Interestingly has anyone seen just how much the new Jag XJ's are depreciating!! 59k long wheelbase prem lux at 12 months old with about 10k on the clock can be had for 38k. Over 35% in one year! And I thought the xf was bad.

Jags have always dropped in value like a brick thrown into a pond though. Same as Rovers.... Not to mention Range Rovers... in fact anything "British" really.

Having had an xf and currently owning a Range Rooney, I know they depreciate fast, but the new xj is in a whole new previously undiscovered league of depreciation. I lost around 36% in around 2 years on the xf, and that was with a new facelift model having been announced before I sold mine. The current xj is dropping that in a year!

Perhaps it's all gas guzzlers dropping due to the continued high fuel prices?

The gtr is not going to be bought as an every day gas guzzler though IMHO, so doubt it's the fuel pushing their prices down. Perhaps the legacy of the very early horror stories about gear boxes still haunt them? I'm guessing with things like the entry at the nurburg races in the gtr, Nissan will possibly shift some of these consumer doubts?

Perhaps the legacy of the very early horror stories about gear boxes still haunt them?

No, I'm pretty sure it's the massive running costs that still haunt them. £13k gearboxes replacement being the icing on the cake...

What brakes are on them to cost 4k to replace??

Have you seen them? I think the discs are bigger than the wheels I had on my 350z :lol: And its Nissan so everything is multiplied by at least 4 to get to a final cost.

The GTR isn't made from Lego though.

NSX anyone??

Maybe not, but it appears to be a completely stupid car and imho lacks the character and gorgeous sound of the vette. Not to mention the tuneability.

People would rather have silly cars like the gtr under the pretence they're built well, how that can be the case with the passenger collision system and transmission issues it had i'm not sure.

One thing the GTR certainly doesn't lack is tuneability!

Passenger collision system is a EU rules stipulation, and is nothing to do with the build quality.

The GTR is also a brand new car, unlike the Vette, which has the same basic design from (insert decade here).

370z also has the same bonnet pop mech. Its because the bonnet itself is so close to the engine. Its been decided that if the distance between engine and bonnet is below X (dont know the measurement) then it has to pop up so that a pedestrian cant strike the engine if they go over the bonnet. The only alternative is to have a higher bonnet with a bigger gap to the engine.

One thing the GTR certainly doesn't lack is tuneability!

Passenger collision system is a EU rules stipulation, and is nothing to do with the build quality.

The GTR is also a brand new car, unlike the Vette, which has the same basic design from (insert decade here).

What tuneability? The corvette gets another 100-150 horses just with cams and exhaust. Stick a tt kit on and thousands of horses.

It's all about build quality, they made a device which is one off use. It's stupid.

Vette is also a brand new car, they're still making them. The carbon one with carbon ceramic brakes.

May be a basic design, but it clearly works, gtr didn't compete at the ring, then comes the viper (yet another ancient design), which again whoops everything else.

Don't buy this newest tech is best tech argument.

Exactly. I couldn't care less if the GT-R had 800bhp and the Vette was a stock C6 with just 400bhp, I'd still have the Yank. Better noise, more character, and styled on the thighs of a virgin rather than carved from a solid lump of brick. :thumbs:

Exactly. I couldn't care less if the GT-R had 800bhp and the Vette was a stock C6 with just 400bhp, I'd still have the Yank. Better noise, more character, and styled on the thighs of a virgin rather than carved from a solid lump of brick. :thumbs:

Here I was thinking porsche drivers had no soul ;):p:lol:

yeah tuneability should probably be compared on a non invasive operation as chipping etc. not engine work.

But when it's been mapped, what else has significant potential? I'd rather start with something that is NA and then whack a turbo on it.

It's not exactly a big engine in the first place.

The vette stew has posted looks :cloud9: . I can't see a gtrs bay being anything but plastic.

Yanks also don't seem to have that nonsense about pedestrian collision, another pc stupidity.