"What car do you drive?" "a 350z" "...What's that?

Luke0549

I seem to be having this conversation with everyone.

"so what car do you drive?"

"a Nissan 350z"

The general response is "what's that?"

At this point I don't really know how to explain other than:

"it's a 2 seater sports coupe thing..."

Everyone must have come across this before.

What's been your general response?

The girl in the bank the other day when I was signing my loan papers said "What car are you buying with the money" I replied "It's called a Nissan 350Z"... not expecting this young blond pretty thing to have a clue..."Ah I only ever seem to see the bronze ones of those around!" she replies :surrender:

I'm a member of a local action group fighting a proposed gypsy camp in the local area. We are looking at ways to fund the fight but I was told by the chairman that it wouldn't look good if I went fund raising in my Porsche :lol:

Pete

I'm a member of a local action group fighting a proposed gypsy camp in the local area. We are looking at ways to fund the fight but I was told by the chairman that it wouldn't look good if I went fund raising in my Porsche :lol: Pete

Did you see on the local news last week about the son of one of the main 'characters' from the Big Gypsy Wedding show (Paddy Doherty)? They only moved to Queensferry a couple of months ago and last week he was arrested for causing death by dangerous driving on the A55! they really are bad eggs!

Sorry for going off topic.

S.

The girl in the bank the other day when I was signing my loan papers said "What car are you buying with the money" I replied "It's called a Nissan 350Z"... not expecting this young blond pretty thing to have a clue..."Ah I only ever seem to see the bronze ones of those around!" she replies :surrender:

:clap::#1: Should have asked her out there and then mate :lol:

I have a picture of my zed as my screen saver on the phone. I just show them that and usually get "oh that one" from the guys and "oh thats nice and shiney" from the girls!

This. And I get the exact same responses too. :lol:

I used to say "a Datson", but got more blank looks than the time I made reference to Bill Hicks :blink:

When I had mine,it was confused with an audi TT, or called a a jap Porsche. OR PEOPLE HAD NO IDEA AT ALL. I DERANGED MINE. AND HAD THE TOMMY K ZED BADGES EVERYWHERE which really confused people.

Sorry for the caps typing on the phone can't be Arse to re type it.

I get the exact same thing and am quite suprised people dont know what it is. However, I also think this is a good thing because rare is what im after! TT's are nice but everyone knows what it is. I like to think the 350 will turn a few more heads because they are confused ( and amazed)!

Over the years I have got fed up with this in respect of my current car and previous ones. My approach is:

If the questioner is vaguely into cars I say a 350z. If I think such a response is only going to lead to a discussion where I try and educate someone about something they don't have an underlying interest in, I say "a Nissan". If my supposition was right they say "oh right" we breifly talk about the generally percieved reliability of japanese cars and the discussion moves on. If I was wrong then they say "which model" and I tell them.

I'm past using my car to big myself up to other guys and as I have a fiancee I have no need to try and impress the chickas.

Shinjuku

I just say 350z.

Most blokes know what you mean, in which case we have a chat about it and other cars.

If the person doesn't know what I mean, I just say "It's a Nissan".

I didn't buy this car to impress anyone, so don't care enough to try and explain the car to ppl and to justify driving a Nissan. If it needs justification, they aren't into cars and therefore, I'd rather talk about something other than cars!