Petrol Madness !

spursmaddave

Well thanks to a government minister advising to 'stock up and keep jerry cans of petrol in their garages' not only is it chaos at the petrol stations I have seen but the Fire Brigade are obviously up in arms too about the potential fire risk!

Linky - http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/mar/28/advice-stockpiling-petrol-dangerous-firefighters

My missus went to fill the Leon up on the way to work and was limited to £10 of diesel which will just about do her till friday :rant:

My local Sainsbury was empty of shoppers in the car park or store but a half mile queue to the pumps :doh:

Its fine up here, it's all you crazy southerners :lol:

Well given that roughly a third of the population are inside the M25 then it's hardly surprising...

Both our cars are running dry but ho hum if we can't fill up we can't go anywhere.

I am totally embarrassed to be in the same union as the tanker drivers, and headed up by that total **** Len McCluckey They think they have us over a barrel (no pun intended) just like when the baggage handlers go on strike just at the busy holiday period :rant:

McCluskey has already urged public sector workers (Bus drivers etc) to threaten to strike during the Olympics the *****

Ive heard they are gonna bring in the army to deliver the petrol.. Dont bother.. Just get them to stand by the pumps, and shoot anyone that comes into the petrol station, without an empty tank... That'll stop panic buying..!!

Idiots.

Went to my local shell this afternoon for a strange reason,I had no fuel.

No petol at all, and there is not a great deal of call for V Power in Betws Y Coed.

It's Ebized and Glrnet's fault they made me use all mine last week. :teeth:

Idiots.

Went to my local shell this afternoon for a strange reason,I had no fuel.

No petol at all, and there is not a great deal of call for V Power in Betws Y Coed.

It's Ebized and Glrnet's fault they made me use all mine last week. :teeth:

Thought you were hyrid mode most of the time as the exhaust was soooooooooooooooooooo quiet :p

If there is a strike it will most likely be a 1 day strike, how many people can empty a tank of fuel in a day (Apart from Ebized & Glrnet visiting ChrisS :lol: )

I can. Personal best in a non-zed car: 6 tanks in a day (long drive to Europe :teeth: ) In a zed I've only ever emptied 3 tanks in one day - until this coming summer that is... :scare:B) [planning on a record-breaking 6-tank 24-hour leg of another trip - more to come soon]

If there is a strike it will most likely be a 1 day strike, how many people can empty a tank of fuel in a day (Apart from Ebized & Glrnet visiting ChrisS :lol: )

I can. Personal best in a non-zed car: 6 tanks in a day (long drive to Europe :teeth: ) In a zed I've only ever emptied 3 tanks in one day - until this coming summer that is... :scare:B) [planning on a record-breaking 6-tank 24-hour leg of another trip - more to come soon]

There is always one :lol:

Be cheaper to just hire a tanker to follow you wouldn't it?

What's happened to the fuel price too? On Saturday it was £1.35 for regular (filled up my Fiesta) but today it's £1.40!! What happened?!?

Nothing like panic buying to push prices up, I remember last time there were garage owners defending their actions saying people will pay it so why not :shrug:

i filled up at the start of the month for 1.339 a litre, drove past today and it was rammed and now its 1.38.9 5 f'ing p in 3 f'ing weeks.

i need to fill up on friday to drive to wales but i don't know if i should fill up early on thursday instead :shrug: i only have quater of a tank left :wacko:

I just went to fill up as I was indeed near empty and people are queuing 4 deep at my local station. Whilst i was there they ran out of diesel and I dont envy the attendant at all as there were some very unhappy people waiting. I asked the attendant how much petrol he had left and he reckons it will all be gone by midnight!!

Prices gone up 3p at the Shell station and 5p at BP station in the last couple of days.

I can bet my mortgage that we won't see the price going back, whether the strike goes ahead or not.

I just refuse to buy any petrol now until I really, really, really need it.

Which will be in a couple of days :lol: