looking to buy a 350z

hi everyone. i currently have an audi tt 225 (2003) which i love, but had it just over 3 years now and fancy a change to something with a bigger engine and rwd

ive always liked the 350z, and insurance for a coupe is sensible at the moment

im 24, been driving nearly 7 years, been quoted £1100 for a coupe, but £2000 for a convertible! which is extortionate

what i want to know is, how do i tell the difference between the models. i.e;

what does the standard trim,gt trim and gt4 trim have different. how do i tell them apart?

which ones have 276, 295 and 308bhp? how can i tell is there a different engine code etc?

which models have the gold brembo calipers?

is there anything i should be on the look out for when i go and buy one? common faults etc

can you turn off traction control/esp?

i've never been in a 350z yet, is there a trip computer? can someone show me some pics of the interior as i cant find many

thanks to whoever bothers to read this!!

Ok, all the answers are on the forum but I'll help you out!

Standard trim has cloth, GT has leather. That's the biggest tell tale.

All UK cars had gold brembos.

The early cars (orange strip down the light) had 276 bhp. In 2006 it got 296 (different headlights) and in 2007 came the 309 bhp model. It has a bonnet bulge and two air intakes under the bonnet.

The TC is switchable.

There is a trip computer.

That is the absolute basics. Have a search about and you should find all the differences and buying guides etc. You can also post up links of cars you've seen and people on here will confirm the model etc.

When getting into imports it gets complicated!

:thumbs::welcome:

GT4 cars will have a limited edition number badge in the cabin and were only available in black or yellow.

Search Google Images for 350z interior.....literally hundreds of pics of the interior.

I am also looking and had my first drive yesterday.............coming from a 2.0v Turbo Fiat, there isnt as much savage rip your face off, but the power delivery is great smooth and goes on and on and on.

Apparently another tell tale sign is square plates for an import (please confirm guru's)

The sound was something of extreme beeeeuuuuty, (the mrs said it scared her)......my nipps may have got a little hard.

I can't wait to find the one with my name on it.................currently saving!!!!!!!

If you get a sniff of something post it on the site and again the Guru's can generally tell you about something about it.

Fin :drive1

Apparently another tell tale sign is square plates for an import (please confirm guru's)

Yes, but there are a couple of exceptions. Some aftermarket rear bumpers only come with the square plate option, although the front plate should still be rectangular and I've seen a few imports that have U.K style plates on them both front and back. There were also a number of brand new cars imported from The Republic of Ireland in or around 2008 but I'm not sure if they count as imports or not.

Pete

im 24, been driving nearly 7 years, been quoted £1100 for a coupe, but £2000 for a convertible! which is extortionate

Who was your best quote from which insurer? There is an insurance section on here which is helpful. Do you have any no claims?

I'm 23 with 1 years NCB and 5 years license and got quoted £750 - places like Admiral, Elephant (sister company) and Bell tend to be cheapest coming up on price comparison sites.