Does anyone now much about this white zed?

Luke0549

Hi there,

i'm looking to purchase my first zed.

i work for virgin media, and have a company van so the car will be a weekend toy.

Ive seen a white one on ebay, but it has 95k and a service history with reciepts but no stamps?

Its got aftermarket wheels that aren't to my taste, or a rear spoiler that i would be removing, along with the air filter.

The car unfortunately looks like its been ragged. Im located near london and the car is in Newcastle. so its a long way to go for something that isnt what the advert suggests.

Just wondering if anyone knows about the car?

I know the milage is high, but ill probably be doing 5k a year if that so its not overly a major concern if its been looked after.

What are peoples suggestions/opinions/advice for this?

Heres the eBay link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350Z-WHITE-/190626908354?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2c623fc8c2#ht_519wt_1141

Cheers.

Why do you say that?

is it the similar thought that i have about spoiler, wheels, seat and scuff?

if you were going to put an offer in, what would you expect to pay?

i was thinking more like 4000-4200?

If it was a UK car and If it was an 04/04 reg (cap doesnt go that far back)

NISSAN 350Z COUPE 3.5 V6 3dr (2003), 2004 04 , 95,000 Miles

Mileage Retail Clean Average Poor

40,000 8325 6500 6075 5600

60,000 7650 5825 5400 4925

80,000 7095 5250 4825 4375

95,000 6650 4825 4425 4000

100,000 6525 4700 4325 3875

120,000 6095 4200 3850 3450

140,000 5550 3700 3375 3000

If you want a cheap project, try an auction :shrug:

If someone can't even tell the difference between the drivers and passenger seat.... and a little tear verses a ruddy great hole then i would stay clear :thumbs:

I guess as long as you have a full service history, the cosmetics can be replaced. :thumbs:

Why do you say that?

It clearly hasn't been looked after, I wouldn't want to waste my money. It needs too much work and who knows how much longer the engine will last if you think it's been ragged!

Have a look at the Zeds for sale section on here.

Why do you say that?

It clearly hasn't been looked after, I wouldn't want to waste my money. It needs too much work and who knows how much longer the engine will last if you think it's been ragged!

Too much work?!

It needs a new seat and some touch-up to the rear bumper......if you get that car for under £4500 its a bargain.

I looked after my Zed meticulously. Some would say anally, yet I still had a cracked front bumper and a tear in one of my seats. Both occured due to unforseen circumstances.

To say this car "clearly hasn't been looked after" is a massive assumption on your part.

The OP should go see it in person, and then make his decision based on that. Not on us lot waxing lyrical over a condition of a car none of us have seen in person.

Why do you say that?

Too much work?!

It needs a new seat and some touch-up to the rear bumper......if you get that car for under £4500 its a bargain.

I looked after my Zed meticulously. Some would say anally, yet I still had a cracked front bumper and a tear in one of my seats. Both occured due to unforseen circumstances.

To say this car "clearly hasn't been looked after" is a massive assumption on your part.

The OP should go see it in person, and then make his decision based on that. Not on us lot waxing lyrical over a condition of a car none of us have seen in person.

It's my opinion Lexx, I personally wouldn't buy it. The OP even says in his original post, that it doesn't look like its been looked after and that it looks like its been ragged. I rest my case.

We all post things up here looking for opinions on this, that and the other, it's up to the OP if he wants to listen to any of it.

Too many "questions" for my liking, no service stamps, why is the number plate off, the front bumper looks a different colour which is not totally unusual but might indicate damage repair. Add this to points already raised and personally I wouldn't be happy :thumbdown:

Your not sure.

You've asked on here.

The answer should come out of your head not your heart. (it's a 3.5 ltr V6, not the cheapest to fix,unless you are a mechanic)

Sleep on it,there are lots out there, just not too many white ones.

well that is about the cheapest you can get! Jap import, high miles, bad wheels, bad interior, bad spec. I've seen cars advertised as spares or repair for more than that.

id save another grand - then you'd get either a uk car with the same miles, or a lower mileage import. but £5k is very cheap for a zed - expect to have to spend another grand on servicing, wheels, tyres, clutches, brakes... :surrender:

Irrespective of what any one might think about the car itself, the background would put me off. Cars up on jack and bonnet up. All smacks of Arthur Daley. This is only a personal opinion, but don't think the seller does himself any favours with all that in the background.

Is it just me or is the boot being held open by a broomstick (5th picture, right hand side)? :huh:

Rear struts will probably just need regassing due to the heavier spoiler ;)

I'd buy, but it would have to be a lot cheaper than it is now. If I could get that for 3.5-4K then I'd be quite happy tbh

Looks worth it to me. As long as it drives straight and doesn't have any odd noises, then somewhere between £4500 and £5000 is about right for the car. It's not Cat C/D as far as we know, and it's a lot of car for £5K. Distance is almost irrelevant, I've bought cars sight unseen from Newcastle before, albeit from a main dealer so a fair bit more coverage, but I'd travel most places in the UK for the right car.

If you've only got £5K now and are prepared to chuck another £2K at it over the year to get it back to where you want it, then why not?

Remind me never to sell a car on here ......... :scare:

£5K for a Zed with FSH is cheap as, it wont be perfect but I dont see where this "abused" thing is coming from, I dont actually even think the mileage is that high :shrug:

If you like it, go see it, make sure it drives straight, doesnt smoke and the clutch doesnt slip, offer him £4500 and youve got a bargain IMO.