Got done by the wind :(

Adrian@TORQEN

:help::cry::cry:

Came home today and found out that one of the plastic sheets from the garage's roof (about 2m long pe 75cm wide) was blown by the wind straight on to the roof of my 350z parked on the driveway which I haven't used for couple of months now :cry:

Three panels have multiple deep scratches, most of them on the roof (more then 20 scratches) and just a few on the door pillar panel and the boot lid panel.

:bang::bang:

Should I make a claim on the insurance? Is this covered? Will this badly affect my premium? I'm due for renewal early February :cry: :cry: Should I just get Taras from RT-Performance to have the panels resprayed and pay myself?

:bang:

:scare: Gutted for you dude :console:

Whats your excess? It would be worth finding out how much it is to get Taras to repair... then make the decision :thumbs:

I would imagine that if you claim you will see a hike in premium (protected no claims or not) :thumbdown:

Or as Chap says try your home insurance :shrug:

I'd get Taras to fix it for you... Pain in the A$$ I know, I had a close shave the year before, a neighbours garage had loads of plastic sheeting on top, a piece flew off over the car (luckily) and slammed into our porch.

Feel for you mate :console:

Really sorry to hear about your car Adrian, check your policies, I think your car insurance company might list that as an "act of god" and could well not be interested :thumbdown: so home policy might be your only option if you make a claim. I've often wondered what would happen if you told your insurer you didn't believe in god? :teeth:

I couldn't get hold of Taras yesterday either :wacko:

Today I will be taking down our side gate and fence to repair as it was damaged in the wind yesterday, luckily no other damage though :)

Hope you get your zed sorted without too much trouble :thumbs:

And tomorrow the car was due for the sound system installation :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Taaaaaaaaraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas, where are you? :bounce:

As said jib the car insurance mate (which is yet another kick in the teeth about paying hundreds out for cover then not claiming!). If home insurance doesn’t cover then get a quote for a respray.

Best way to work out cost is to do a dummy quote for insurance on the meerkat or moneysupermarket – stick a claim in and drop your NCB off (if its not protected) – see what damage it does to your premium – times that by 3 (years until it drops off) and add in your excess.

That will give you a rough idea of the comparable cost.

Shitter

Best way to work out cost is to do a dummy quote for insurance on the meerkat or moneysupermarket – stick a claim in and drop your NCB off (if its not protected) – see what damage it does to your premium – times that by 3 (years until it drops off) and add in your excess.

That will give you a rough idea of the comparable cost.

Shitter

+1 to this. You have to really work it all out before you speak to your insurance company. Typically you will loose about 3 years NCB if you make a claim and you dont have it protected, then they will jack your premium up for making a claim, plus you`ll obviously pay more because you have less NCB.

My missus made a claim on her car last year. Unfortunately she didnt have much choice as she had hit another car, so there was 2 cars needing repair. Her insurance company jacked her premium up so much she couldnt afford to insure the car any more, so had to sell it and buy something cheaper.

It should be coverded by you your home 'Structual Insurance' as opposed to content insurance.

Claim for the garage roof and the car together.

+1 If it had hit your neighbour's car he would be claiming off your house insurance. Would only go down the car insurance route if for some reason the house insurance wriggle out of a claim and the price of the repairs mean it would be a no brainer not to claim, as others are saying ^^^^