Greetings - new owner from Cambs

alzZed

Hi to all,

Sold my R26.R 2 weeks ago and since have travelled the length and breadth of the country (sic) looking at Zeds. I won't dwell on the pain I've been through but suffice to say that after viewing many examples who's owners had described them with varying degrees of inaccuracy (in particular the dealers I dealt with), I finally found an absolute gem of a car (a 57 plate 1 owner 313HR UK GT car with all the lovely toys Factory Nav etc) owning by a smashing couple who really cared for it and I couldn't be happier.

Picking her up this afternoon and can't wait. The biggest surprise is that over a vast ownership experience spanning more than 30 years, 60+ cars and countless miles I've not realised just how good these cars are...

...until now (said in a dramatic Clarkson-esque tone)

A quick glance around this forum and it looks pretty fine and full of happy contributors :D

Looking forward to discovering which modifications I should aim for and which to aviod B)

Cheers and best wishes

Al

Thanks guys,

I'm based in Cambridge itself and the car is a very beautiful (to my eye at least) Twilight Grey metallic, totally standard except for the obligatory 18" Rays.

Is it etiquette amongst Zed owners to wave/flash/acknowlege each other a la Impreza/Noble ownership experience (I've owned both and liked the friendly way others respond although spotting another Noble wasn't always the easiest :D ) or do they simply stick on the shades and drive on by? :drive1

Welcome :wave:

I think most of us generally to acknowledge other drivers (even those that no longer own the zeds, which is probably confusing to those they acknowledge lol). I always mean to and look out for them but have seen so few (even though I drive around Surrey and it seems as though half the forum live there - perhaps they are hiding from me!) that by the time I realise what it is they've already gone, I got flashed by a 370z once and I didn't even notice my other half pointed it out so I stuck my hand out the window and waved lol

Thanks guys,

I'm based in Cambridge itself and the car is a very beautiful (to my eye at least) Twilight Grey metallic, totally standard except for the obligatory 18" Rays.

Is it etiquette amongst Zed owners to wave/flash/acknowlege each other a la Impreza/Noble ownership experience (I've owned both and liked the friendly way others respond although spotting another Noble wasn't always the easiest :D ) or do they simply stick on the shades and drive on by? :drive1

Sounds like its the same colour as my roadster. I`ll definately have to keep an eye out for you - I work in Cambridge so am here every day. I think its 50/50 on zed owners flashing each other. I flash any zed I see, and sometimes get a wave back but other times get very puzzled looks from the other driver wondering why I am flashing them.

I was actually looking at Nobles on autotrader earlier in the week... always fancied one!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone,

I've just got home after the trip to Hatfield to pick the new toy up and have to say that I am totally amazed at how good this car is. Having owned so many cars I know what it's like to buy a peach, a lemon and everything in between but this time I have very definitely lucked out. What a brilliant car.

Had to phone the previous owner already to thank him profusely for selling me such an amazing example. Talk about genuine :teeth:

Now, about that supercharger...

Sorry, I got so caught up in the excitement of the new toy I completely forgot to respond to other folk who kindly posted on my thread.

Picture suggestions: I'll post some up once the sun's out and I get a chance to snap a few. Happy to include pics of former glories too if people wish, but I don't wish to pollute or dilute a 350Z forum with off-topic diversions that might annoy folk :offtopic:

Rabbitstew: I shall look out for you in your silver roadster. Have you driven the tin top too and if so, how does yours compare? I also noticed a silver Camb based roadster for sale on Pistonheads. Yours maybe?

Bobbyheinz: Which model did you go for and how many did you look at? Did you buy locally or from afar? If you get as lucky as I appear to have done you're in for a treat I think :D

And thanks again to everyone else for the warm welcome, this does seem like a very friendly place to be :)

Glad you're enjoying it so much mate, makes me all the more excited to pick mine up!

I viewed 9 in total I believe travelling up to 6 hours to view a couple.

In the end I found one from a dealer around an hour away and hope to pick it up tomorrow (although may have to hold off until Thursday). It's a GT..07 plate with around 40k on the clock. Bit of a pity about the higher road tax but it was too good to miss!

Looking forward to seeing some pics!