new owner

hi im james,

recently bought my 2005 gt 350z, well impressed with the car so far cant fault it, sadly the other day a stone flew up from a caravan and cracked my windscreen, i dont have screen cover on insurance so i got a quote of autoglass that come to £860 for a standard screen which seemed far to much, i rang a local company A to Z glazing and they are doing it for £200 tomorrow, just wondering if there is anything i should be aware off with the model i have? im not sure what the black sensor is above the rear veiw mirror? im sure its just a standard windscreen and not heated.

thanks

Welcome Along :wave:

Good luck tomorrow :thumbs: ....... before they start make sure they have a plastic strip that goes between the top of windscreen and roof...... if the old one is really old it may split or crack when they remove it. The guys that did mine re-booked as they did not want to risk not having a replacement :thumbs:

Welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find you were quoted for JDM windscreen replacement - I went through this last year when my insurers tried to get out of windscreen replacement. UK screen is anywhere between £200-350.

hi, i had the windscreen fitted today and its perfect, exactly the same spec as the original with 5% green tint like standard, few pics attached of the result. he also didnt need to remove the top plastic beading thus saving me £50 because they always crack when removed. Best of all it cost what was agreed, i still dont know how autoglass come up with £860 (robin T***S).

thanks again for the advice!