Surely not right? Brembos under 40quid?

coldel

Paypal has paid "Auto Performance" and taken the money from my credit card. The details at paypay clearly say

"Front Brembo Brake Discs NISSAN 350 Z 3.5 02>10 Item Number 290567431269"

Surely that means job done?

I do feel a bit guilty for jumping on the band wagon though. Especialy if you look at the quantities they have sold...... :dry:

If they do honour the order I will buy parts from them in future to ease the guilt.

What I do not understand is why a trader on here has not bought them all?

Is it Trader-trader respect?

If so why does a Trader not buy all of them and then null the deal to save them making huge losses?

I just wish it was Nissan that made the mistake, robbing b$tard5.

Look at Nissan parts prices, if you bought all the parts to build a 350z it would cost about 2 million quid.

Rant over.......

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this not a "to good to be true" moment? Gonna give it a go though, bought but not paid ...yet!

Has anyone dared email and ask if price is correct?

How can you have bought but not paid?

Surely you will be at the top of the list of "No Contract."

PS. no point in emailing, the price MUST be a mistake.

Is this not a "to good to be true" moment? Gonna give it a go though, bought but not paid ...yet!

Has anyone dared email and ask if price is correct?

How can you have bought but not paid?

Surely you will be at the top of the list of "No Contract."

PS. no point in emailing, the price MUST be a mistake.

You don't have to pay straight away, but you have agreed to pay. I'll wait till im invoiced, or see if I get invoiced

I've bought a pair (hate to feel like I'm missing out!) but I'm 99.9999% convinced all of is bargain hunters will get an email from the seller tomorrow saying that they're out of stock of the product ( which, I believe, they're fully in their rights to do so).

I think I'll still be up on the deal regardless as I use Quidco so will probs still 'make' about 50p cashback on it :lol:

Incidentally, last summer I saw a 'deal' on hotUKDeals for one of those crazy American BBQs (the huge chrome things with ten burners and a sink etc), normally over two grand but priced at under £200 at Debenhams. Naturally i jumped in and bought one, had the money taken from my card, and a week later had an email saying out of stock and refunded.

There were a fair few 'conspiracy theorists' who thought that it was all a ploy for the company to make a @*!# load of sales and more money on the books by the months end - even if it did all have to be refunded.

S.

if it does turn out to be a mistake and we do end up with a refund i dont think we should leave bad feedback, as a respected car club i think we can understand that people do make mistakes.

also whoever it is obviously makin there livin from there ebay store and the amount of bad feedback they would get would make a difference to there sales.... just my thoughts.

I agree, the way I see it as I think most people who have put a buy in on these see it is that that its a mistake and the trader will either honour it or simply say they are out of stock and refund people to make sure he doesn't make a huge loss on it. If its the former then happy days, if its the latter then that's fine it was worth the punt. We shouldn't leave negative feedback though, he looks like a genuine good trader who has supplied tens of thousands of items and received very high levels of praise for it.

Just a minor point......

Brakes are there to stop the car and hopefully prevent you from driving into lampposts, roundabouts, lorries, children, lollipop ladies, OAPs, cows, sheep, off a cliff, the afterlife.

So just spare a thought and consider whether it's worth saving on items that are kinda important.

Just my 2 pence worth.

Worth saving the money if they are genuine isn't it?

If they are not genuine then they are returned and a refund obtained.

If they don't fit the car then they are returned and a refund obtained.

If they are genuine and they fit then we have ourselves a bargain.

Maybe I am over-complicating things :shrug: but I am pretty sure no one who is giving this a punt will fit them if they aren't genuine and safe to do so.

Worth saving the money if they are genuine isn't it?

If they are not genuine then they are returned and a refund obtained.

If they don't fit the car then they are returned and a refund obtained.

If they are genuine and they fit then we have ourselves a bargain.

Maybe I am over-complicating things :shrug: but I am pretty sure no one who is giving this a punt will fit them if they aren't genuine and safe to do so.

That's how I'm looking at it. I will not fit them if they not genuine.

Just had a look on E-bay they are still at the same price,either shop closed for the week or no ones bothered to check their e-bay account,which i doubt seeing the amount of items they sell.

Other option is shop owners done a runner to Spain with all our money :scare:

Just had a look on E-bay they are still at the same price,either shop closed for the week or no ones bothered to check their e-bay account,which i doubt seeing the amount of items they sell.

i got a refund for mine today :)

Why - did you request it or were they not in stock?

Why - did you request it or were they not in stock?

i requested a refund, after thinking about it im pretty sure these will be fake and im not comfortable with dodgy brakes on my zed, if everyones turn out to be real then i may buy another set

I am so glad I dont own a Skoda.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rear-Brembo-B ... 4cf766dd60

The prices for discs is all over the place on this site. Also some of the info is innacurate.

God knows what we are going to get.

Search for discs and order results cheapest first and then expensive first to see some very obsqure cars.

Maybe he has bought a container of random discs...........

Bizzare.

However I think coldel is right.

"I reckon its a typo on their advert, they have put the same price for the discs as the pads"

Other discs have a delivery charge and these dont and pads are free delivery.

I think the discs will be genuine. I dont think we will be seeing them.