Surely not right? Brembos under 40quid?

coldel

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant, so the guy makes an honest mistake and the vultures jump, and then when he refunds people as soon as he possibly could said vultures then get the hump and try to take the bloke for all he's got. Sorry folks, but that's utterly disgusting behaviour. :thumbdown:

By all means take a punt in the first place on the off chance, but don't then get all high and mighty and We-should-make-ebay-rape-his-wallet as that really isn't cricket. Appreciate it's not everyone being like that, but I'm really surprised by the attitude of some people.

/rant off

Totally agree with Dan,

This was a genuine mistake and you all knew this when you bought the items.

This happens quite a lot on Ebay with volume sellers as they find it difficult to be on top of all there listings. This is no excuse but it does happen.

Some of the above suggestions are quite shocking and very imature and I am disappointed with the attitude of some of you people.

Let it go guys :thumbs:

You all know where the real genuine bargains are to be had :thumbs:;):lol:

Alex. :)

Brilliant, so the guy makes an honest mistake and the vultures jump, and then when he refunds people as soon as he possibly could said vultures then get the hump and try to take the bloke for all he's got. Sorry folks, but that's utterly disgusting behaviour. :thumbdown:

By all means take a punt in the first place on the off chance, but don't then get all high and mighty and We-should-make-ebay-rape-his-wallet as that really isn't cricket. Appreciate it's not everyone being like that, but I'm really surprised by the attitude of some people.

/rant off

Totally agree with Dan,

This was a genuine mistake and you all knew this when you bought the items.

This happens quite a lot on Ebay with volume sellers as they find it difficult to be on top of all there listings. This is no excuse but it does happen.

Some of the above suggestions are quite shocking and very imature and I am disappointed with the attitude of some of you people.

Let it go guys :thumbs:

You all know where the real genuine bargains are to be had :thumbs:;):lol:

+2

:bang::bang:

what did I say abou not clogging up the forum wih whinging when the orders weren't honored? Eh?!

Pathetic - you all knew it was too good to be true :dry:

/rant off

Huge + 1. Was just about to post the same thing until i read this.

If the guys under priced them by £250 each, people want to have 20x that amount off him?!? So just take 5 grand off an honest seller? :thumbdown:

Just looking above the rants to see where people are taking the pi$$ and really can't see any evidence of it, just a few people who followed it up politely which they are entitled to do. In actual fact the seller is not within his rights legally to not supply the discs - mistake or no mistake - a fundamental rule of trading is that goods are sold as priced :shrug: there are many examples of in the news of supermarkets making mistakes and having to honour them on products for sale.

Personally, I am not that concerned, I took a punt and I didn't get them, no loss really. If other people want to pursue it, then fine that's their prerogative but to see some of the comments above having a go at people for exercising their consumer rights because it doesn't match up with their own personal principles, that is out of order.

a fundamental rule of trading is that goods are sold as priced :shrug: there are many examples of in the news of supermarkets making mistakes and having to honour them on products for sale...

Is it a fundamental rule?? I've heard people say this all my life, but im sure it's not true.

...exercising their consumer rights because it doesn't match up with their own personal principles, that is out of order.

Exercising consumer rights, or trying to rip someone off?? Get a grip mate. It's one thing to take a punt and see if they honour it, but people are now saying they have the RIGHT to have these items at this price... :ban:

Examples... (not picking on anyone here btw, just examples to back up my point :) )

Just put a complain in through email and 10 minutes later recieved a phone call from them.....

I'm not cancelling either, i wanna see what price they can get them for. I'm not in a mad rush.

ebay does have a procedure in place for buyers to accept or decline a sellers cancellation though, for what it's worth...

so the 'out of stock' response is very poor. It's also against Ebay selling rules to advertise a product that is out of stock.

If we all come together we can get away with this. According to ebay once bought they can not tell you an item is out of stock, especially when on there listing it still says there are more available. If everyone complains/reports the person to ebay then ebay will deal with them, and also I dont think the company would want any bad feedback as well, so they might agree.

What do you think?

just looking on my ebay the seller has sent a request to cancel the transaction also.

I'm not gonna make it that easy!

Mine doesn't really back up your point does it :headhurt:

Just said i want to see what price he can get them for. Afterall, the seller has not said the price was a mistake... Just that there is no stock.

All i said is that i will wait for the seller to get back to me with a price ;)

Not sure what people who didn't order them are doing commenting here anyway, not really anything to do with you, and nobody really cares what you say about it :thumbs:

a fundamental rule of trading is that goods are sold as priced :shrug: there are many examples of in the news of supermarkets making mistakes and having to honour them on products for sale...

"Is it a fundamental rule?? I've heard people say this all my life, but im sure it's not true."

As I posted earlier in the thread, it is NOT true that retailers have to sell mislabelled goods at the displayed price. most of them will just to avoid an argument but they are under no obligation whatsoever to honour it if a genuine mistake has been made, so on that basis i'm fine with this guy refunding my money.

DB

Mine doesn't really back up your point does it :headhurt:

Just said i want to see what price he can get them for. Afterall, the seller has not said the price was a mistake... Just that there is no stock.

All i said is that i will wait for the seller to get back to me with a price ;)

It doesnt disprove it does it though ;)

The price they'll come back to you with will be about £300. Having to deal with everybody's emails/cancellation is probably going to take the guy half a day to do which is just wasting his time.

Ease up everyone, I genuinely believe that most if not all on here are happy to walk away from a situation which was either going to be a bargain, a mistake or a con.

Some of us took a punt and suspected that the seller had made a mistake and that a refund would 'probably' (even, hopefully!) happen. As it stands now the seller seems to be doing all he can to rectify the mistake and this might involve a discount on a future purchase and possibly free pads. Who the heck isn't going to consider taking him up on that? Get real guys, I think I'm talking for the majority of punters here. No one like having their name put up in a bad light and naming and shaming members at this point is uncalled for :thumbs:

Ease up everyone, I genuinely believe that most if not all on here are happy to walk away from a situation which was either going to be a bargain, a mistake or a con.

Some of us took a punt and suspected that the seller had made a mistake and that a refund would 'probably' (even, hopefully!) happen. As it stands now the seller seems to be doing all he can to rectify the mistake and this might involve a discount on a future purchase and possibly free pads. Who the heck isn't going to consider taking him up on that? Get real guys, I think I'm talking for the majority of punters here. No one like having their name put up in a bad light and naming and shaming members at this point is uncalled for :thumbs:

Fair one... i'll remove the names from people's quotes as that wasnt my intention... (which i tried to back up with the smillie!) - i was just illustrating my point that some people's reaction wasnt cricket. :thumbs:

:snack: could have been true, wasn't. Everyone posting are within their right with their attitudes and comments, IMO. I woudn't try and get anything out of this as a turned down buyer but if people consider doing it they're entitled to do so. There is something called karma though and it does catch up with you :thumbs: (so consider that before taking it further)

Go out enjoy the V6 instead :thumbs:

Look guys, it is obvious that the Ebay listing was a typo and that the vender has used the get out of jail card by stating that he is "sold out".

Now we all know that is a fib, however what else do you expect the guy to do.

It was a genuine mistake, and there is no need to hang the guy out to dry.

Okay you are disappointed that you never got a bargain but it was never going to happen now was it.

We will all have our different views on this but I can assure you that Ebay or any court in the land could not enforce the guy to sell you those parts at the price listed.

I see no reason why this thread should remain open and get out of hand, so this may be a suitable time to lock it with the OPs permission before the personal insults start getting dished out.

:snack: could have been true, wasn't. Everyone posting are within their right with their attitudes and comments, IMO. I woudn't try and get anything out of this as a turned down buyer but if people consider doing it they're entitled to do so. There is something called karma though and it does catch up with you :thumbs: (so consider that before taking it further)

Go out enjoy the V6 instead :thumbs:

I like your philosophy Anders :thumbs::)

I agree. It was too good to be true and we all know it. If every purchaser insisted on him honouring the deal it would probably bankrupt him (£300 loss on every sale, and there were lots) and you would still not get the parts.

I think the correct route for him to take (though possibley not the correct route legaly from his point of view) would be to admit his mistake and offer them at what they cost him + delivery.

Anyway I had a punt and will leave it at that.

I liked the line in his email "due to overwhelming demand"

The guy must have got a fright when he saw the orders. :lol:

This does not explain the other odd pricing on that site that still remain.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rear-Brembo-B ... 4cf766dd60

If I had ordered these would I be able to pull out of a deal so easly.... :lol:

Look guys, it is obvious that the Ebay listing was a typo and that the vender has used the get out of jail card by stating that he is "sold out".

Now we all know that is a fib, however what else do you expect the guy to do.

It was a genuine mistake, and there is no need to hang the guy out to dry.

Okay you are disappointed that you never got a bargain but it was never going to happen now was it.

We will all have our different views on this but I can assure you that Ebay or any court in the land could not enforce the guy to sell you those parts at the price listed.

I see no reason why this thread should remain open and get out of hand, so this may be a suitable time to lock it with the OPs permission before the personal insults start getting dished out.

I agree with Alex lets lock it up (as the OP). It doesn't need to get out of hand and I certainly don't have a grudge against anyone on the site. But I was probably as equally shocked at people on here with no interest in the purchase or really having anything to do with it commenting quite aggressively in retrospect. I don't rant at people online and I don't vent at people on threads, you wouldn't speak to others like that in person so no need to do it online - if you don't agree with something others are doing then fine, just leave them to it, they will go to hell and you can book your place in heaven ;)

you wouldn't speak to others like that in person so no need to do it online - if you don't agree with something others are doing then fine, just leave them to it.

Yes i would... :lol: I always stick up for the underdog, regardless of the situation. :lol::lol:

For what it's worth, i was watching this thread since day one and was hoping that it wasnt a mistake and that you all got a good deal. :thumbs:

Does anyone here who actually needs discs think rather than trying to hang the guy it might be worth approaching him for a group buy?

As they say in Asia "good price for us, good price for him" kind of arrangement.

ie. he still covers costs and makes a small profit and the people who actually need discs (and not are in it for profit) get a bit of discount due to the error?

I presume anyone who genuinely need discs also need pads (at full price) which might make it more attractive to him.

I hate to think of what our friend in the States are doing to him at the mo. Lets not bring ourselves to the "Lawsuit level" so favoured by our counterparts.

;)

Then we all save face as a community and get discs at a "reasonable price"

Fair one... i'll remove the names from people's quotes as that wasnt my intention... (which i tried to back up with the smillie!) - i was just illustrating my point that some people's reaction wasnt cricket. :thumbs:

No offense taken then :drunk: Loving Andlid's comment about enjoying the V6 too - I haven't been out in a week :thumbdown:

sorry for the late reply guys, Got another call back from the seller and the price was meant to be around £600.

The best he said he could do is give everyone a discount price.... but thats still very expensive.

At the end of the day we lost nothing so there is nothing to gain by picking on the man, it was a simple human error.

sorry for the late reply guys, Got another call back from the seller and the price was meant to be around £600.

The best he said he could do is give everyone a discount price.... but thats still very expensive.

At the end of the day we lost nothing so there is nothing to gain by picking on the man, it was a simple human error.

:lol: Well that's that then :surrender:

Now who's trying to rip people off?! :yuck: