Selling up? Not definate but...

Cragus

...the idea has come into my head a couple of times over the last few months. I think it would pain me to let it go but with my a house purchase becoming an ever nearer reality I feel like it might be the sensible thing to do. The main thing holding me back is the amount of money I poured into her (i orignally used the word 'invested', but this word doesn't tend to go hand in hand with modding).

I guess why I am writing this thread is to get an idea of how much she would sell for. I know its only worth what people are willing to pay but seeing a lower spec zed on here of the same age, I would hope mine would fetch a higher sum. I understand that putting her back to stock and selling all the aftermarket bits will probably work out in my favour but I don't know if I have a strong enough heart to do that :blush: ! No vultures either please. :lol: !

THE BASICS:

My 350z is a 2006 (56 plate - Dec registered) so it is the 296 facelift edition. She has only 36k miles on the clock and is a UK GT Spec model.

Here is a rough list of all the upgrades my zed has:

JWT pop charger

PIAA wipers

350z stitched mats front and boot

Carbon strut with Tommy K

Ferodo DS2500 racing pads front and rear

EBC Turbo grooved discs front and rear

HEL Red braided lines

Red Brembo calipers

Nismo Oil cap

Nismo rad cap

Red/Black carbon engine cover

Red/black carbon brake/battery lids

Black carbon brake/battery lid surrounds

Polished coolant tank

Polished power steering tank

Nismo V1 Spoiler

Shine Amuse side skirts

Shine Amuse front bumper

Shine Amuse rear bumper

Nissan Bonnet bulge

Z Dipstick cover

Bride Ergo II Racing seats (Red)

Bride seat rails

Heather leather seats panel cover

Polished plenum

Polished throttle body spacer

Aftermarket Carbon Engine Strut

Bonnet Dampers

Red and black engine show bolts

Denso iridium spark plus

Gates belts

Rays Ro-Ja Alloys (2 piece split rim) custom painted

19x10 26 et offset (fronts) 265/30/19

19x11 ?? et offset (rears) 285/30/19

D1 Spec Throttle Controller

Japspeed decats

Japspeed y pipe

Scorpion Exhaust

Nismo airbag resistors

Aftermarket red wheel lugs

Demon coolant hoses (red)

Samco red intake pipe

Dream Customz Headlights

-Demon eye colour changing halos (remote controlled)

-Black internals and cleared out

-strobe bulbs and control unit

Stubby s2000 aerial

Misc red interior parts

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

DSC01423.jpg

DSC01451.jpg

photo-15.jpg

NO NO NO NO !!! :dummy:

If you're going to do it best get it on the market - you've already answered your own question really - either spend the time stripping it or take the hit and sit and wait for someone who wants the car as it is and is prepared to pay a wee bit more - but you know already you'll never get what the mods are worth :)

I'd say less than that, £10K if you want it to sell. With a couple of mods it might not be worth stripping, but your car certainly is.

Thats alot of bull mate. I have a Jdm 03 with 50k on the clock and I was offered 10.4 for mine.... but decided against selling for other reasons. If people keep putting down the price of zeds just to sell, then they will be worthless in no time at all. I would agree with lexx... put it up for 12 buddy..... although it may take a bit of time but its worth it :thumbs:

I'd say less than that, £10K if you want it to sell. With a couple of mods it might not be worth stripping, but your car certainly is.

Thats alot of bull mate. I have a Jdm 03 with 50k on the clock and I was offered 10.4 for mine.... but decided against selling for other reasons. If people keep putting down the price of zeds just to sell, then they will be worthless in no time at all. I would agree with lexx... put it up for 12 buddy..... although it may take a bit of time but its worth it :thumbs:

I know how much my 06 ragtop sold for a year ago, and it wasn't £12k. I gave a price for Cragus' car that it will sell for, not sit around waiting for the right buyer. Sometimes you get lucky (as you appeared to), most times you don't. I didn't say it wasn't worth £12K, but selling a stock car for £10k and selling the bits for £4k is surely the way to go, is it not?

Why do people get so pissy about the values of 350s these days? :shrug:

Ouch... I didn't think u were serious!

I'd say around the 12k mark

Oh- and ur grammar/spelling is getting worse Craig :lol:

If you are going to rip into me for spelling, don't use 'u' for 'you' and 'ur' for 'your'. You could also try using a full stop and a comma instead of a dash. :lol::lol: My excuse is I have been out of school for 7 weeks and typed this on an iPad. Mark out my mistakes and I'll fix them.

Thanks for the input guys. I wouldn't let it go for £10k and would even be reluctant at 12k. I guess I just needed some third parties to confirm what I already knew. :dry:

Part out then :thumbs:

I vote keep it and work some overtime :lol:.

I can't do overtime as a teacher mate or it'd be a no brainer! :lol: I only owe 4k to my bank loan for it then I'd only have tax and insurance to worry about. It would owe me nothing then so might just try and find the dosh to pay it off.

A good few people seem to be thinking of selling their Zeds at the mo.

My excuse is a baby on the way but i need to make sure its a fast and capable baby wagon!

I'd say in the current state of Zed depretiation Craig your going to have to take off the mods and sell them and the car seperately if you want decent money.

If i get £12.5k for my virtually identical car to yours (but relatively unmodded except for Nismo pipes, spacers and S2000 stubby) i'll be over the moon.

Marcus.

I'd be surprised to get £13k for my 2007 313 now to be honest, seen pretty much identical ones go for around that over the last few weeks. The car market has literally died over the last year, great if you want to buy a performance car, rubbish if you need to sell.

Oh PM sent about another thing Craig.

I'd say about £5,000 for a quick sale - Cash waiting :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously though I think its worth a lot more than anyone would pay - a shame but thats the way it seems to be :thumbdown:

It appears you have to give mods away unless its a TT or simlar then it adds half of the cost of the part (without the labour to fit it) :(

I'd be gutted to have to sell a car like that, but I think you would get more returning to stock and selling the mods.