Humpy's Build - Update 09/11/15

Humpy

Copying Manphibian and having a 1st Mod post blush.gif

I could'nt stand having the basic alloys ( not rays ) on the car any longer so wheels turned up amazing quick from Rarerims, ordered yesterday afternoon and with me by 11am this morning thumbs.gif Anyway all fitted and looking lovely! off down Cornwall this weeked and hopefully will get quite a few more pics clap.gif

Wheels arrived

Photo_4A09EB26-7100-2E6F-41E5-2E1702FE87C5.jpg

Sneaky peak before getting fitted

Photo_C5FFCF7C-EC29-DD8F-A3C9-1E4F689B1452.jpg

Fitted:

Photo_14E92744-DD5B-F53E-B987-D6020B089D5D.jpg

Photo_946FCDB7-59DC-AB1E-E83A-3850F3C0832B.jpg

Photo_B4A89FCE-4678-3D11-905E-D787D6D8093C.jpg

Edited by Humpy

Please dont tell me the modding never stops!!!

As Keyser has said they are the Rota - GTR in Silver

Stuck with 18'' wheels with 9.5 on rear and 8.5 on the front with 30 offset all round.

Haha! nice work.

Your first mod is better than mine though :dry:

:lol::#1:

Well next mod is the JWT pop charger, this was one of the first things Doogyrev suggested as one of my first mods to do if I was going to. So looks like thats next on the hit list.

which maxxis tyres did you fit?

are they the MA z1 victra?

be interested to know what you think of them. maxxis aren't brilliantly well known but they build good tyres, be interested to see what you think of them. i think they are going to be a bit like the next toyo/vredestein and turn out to be a popular tyre

which maxxis tyres did you fit?

are they the MA z1 victra?

be interested to know what you think of them. maxxis aren't brilliantly well known but they build good tyres, be interested to see what you think of them. i think they are going to be a bit like the next toyo/vredestein and turn out to be a popular tyre

Well.... thats a story in itself RT. When I bought the car each corner had a different brand on them, god only know what they were thinking :thumbdown: All good tread though so im very reluctant to change them at this current time. Will probably go to Falken's all round when that time comes.

So the short and curlys of it I cant hep you with your question RT :lol:

lol no worries,

i had falkens on my s2000 and with a low profile i found them very good, i know others found them in stock sizes a bit soft.

but with a thin profile and wide tyre i had them in XL and they were very hard side walls, and well balanced. 255/30/18 and 225/35/18 or something like that, i know it was a 30 and 35 profile.

so pleased with them that i have in fact ordered some more for my jag :thumbs: 285/30/20 and 255/35/20

Nice! We need another get together!!

Indeed we do mate, been a while now I guess.

Also would be a good chance to feel a few knobs at a meet so to speak, as my gear knob is scratched to hell. Seen a few I like on here but wouldnt mind having a grope before you buy sort of thing :teeth:

Where do mods end? Well it all depends how much cash you have and what you want at the end of the day!

Ive a Renault 5 GT Turbo ive owned for about 15 years. When I first got it, it was stock. First thing I did was a full respray, then the shocks went, so i replaced them and lowered it at the same time and fitted adjustable camber on the front. Next was uprated brakes to replace the knackered ones. Then the tyres needed replacing so it was cheaper to get some after market rims & tyres. Then the exhaust went so I replaced it a full stainless system.

Next I increased the boost, strapped the intercooler and rejetted the carb, giving me about 30 or 40 more bhp for pennies. Then spark plug blew out of cylinder head cos previous owner had cross threaded it. So took cylinder head off, and got it all gasflowed / ported and bored out. Whilst at it, had the manifolds done and the carb bored out so much theres no choke on it at all now. Got 17.5% more flow through it which equated to about 40 more bhp over a stock engine before any turbo. Uprated head gasket and bolts to hold it all together. Then stock turbo blew, so fitted big hybrid. Then the new 2000mile old clutch went, so fitted racing group N clutch. Then clutch cable snapped, so fitted new one of them. Bigger intercooler, racing plugs, leads, group A dump valve, in car adjustable boost, quick shift gearchange. Then the interior looked a bit shabby, so stripped it out and fitted racing seats. Whilst at it, figured I never have any passengers so ditched the rear seats. Then figured may as well make it safer so in goes full multipoint roll cage and harnesses.

By then it was getting a bit silly using it for work every day as it was returning about 25mpg, although it had nearly twice the power of a stock one, and as stock they do 0-60 in 7 seconds, so you can imagine it was pretty quick. So, I took it off the road to use just as a track car.

Ironically it is quicker than my zed and has the same mpg! I worked out once it has twice the power to weight ratio than a Lotus Elise and because I did all the labour myself, only cost me about £6500 all in.

Still, its an example of how modding starts off as a few things then one thing leads to another.....

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Resurrection time of an old thread! Pop charger has been installed but the question is what next.... :lol: Keep seeing various people mention changing the rear lights to the Led's. Also contemplating getting the windows tinted ( anyone know roughly how much that costs ), still need that new gear knob and stubby aerial. Im sure the list of things I want doing is gettting longer instead of shorter!

Dam you all with lovely looking Zed's and making me wanting more things :boxing::p

:lol::lol: Once you've started it never ends.................................................................

Resurrection time of an old thread! Pop charger has been installed but the question is what next.... :lol: Keep seeing various people mention changing the rear lights to the Led's. Also contemplating getting the windows tinted ( anyone know roughly how much that costs ), still need that new gear knob and stubby aerial. Im sure the list of things I want doing is gettting longer instead of shorter!

Dam you all with lovely looking Zed's and making me wanting more things :boxing::p

window tinting should be around £150 (well is in london anyway!)

I'm trying to resist modding my Zed as it's the first car I've had that feels great as standard! we'll see......

Haha, yeah thats what I said when I bought the car and thought I will leave it standard as it looks great anyway. Then after a week of having the Zed I went to my first meet and since then it been a slippery slope of some modding.

has the 'zorst been done? if not, thats a no brainer - plenty of options for all budgets!

The exhaust has not been done and has not even come across my mind to change it to an after market exhaust, quite like the standard exhaust noise...