Humpy's Build - Update 09/11/15

Humpy

• 4 weeks later...

G/f has only gone and surprised me by getting me some new rear tail lights ( late bday pressie ) :D Everyone has been going on about how much this is the NO.1 mod to get and I have to agree the difference is brilliant. Looks a real demon from the rear now :yahoo:

So before shot with standards lights:

Beforelightschanged.jpg

Comparison shot of new and old:

Tailligtcomparison.jpg

End result:

Reartaillight.jpg

So much brighter!

ledlights.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well had a couple of days free and thought I would go ahead with doing the rear strut brace as it it was scratched and marked. Previous onwer ovbviously thought he could get two golf bags in the boot or something :blush:

Sorry about some of the photo's taken with the ole mobile.

Scratched and marked

Photo_58D8C513-BF0F-4787-FE7E-6819D89113CE.jpg

I used a plastic ruler to help remove the trim, ruler only snapped once :lol:

Photo_C86CD8DD-45D2-AC93-D4E9-D36EAFD67B49.jpg

Primer stage ready for the Nissan Kuro Black

Photo_2B11CC10-1F2D-866C-4F21-E63537F6F949.jpg

Couple of coats later...

DSC00109.jpg

Final coat and the Z stuck back down with some Araldite and waiting for it to set as I type this!

DSC00113.jpg

Will put back on the Zed tomos as it's freaking freezing outside :cold: and get a final pic of it in place.

• 1 month later...

Here we go... wasnt expecting this till tomorrow was a nice little surprise :thumbs: Have to excuse the pics, taken with a mobile and a very excited Humpy :teeth:

Photo_F0AB9643-27E4-9D3C-AE16-433ECA4320FC.jpg

Shiny

Photo_59E6621F-BEE2-DEDF-1E09-6A8B3E079125.jpg

Photo_A01AAFD1-A9A6-BC3F-47E8-C4B96DBFA7D6.jpg

Photo_5070482E-A0C6-73C4-DA79-E5952A1D7862.jpg

Photo_E284C9B6-072B-2537-2AAE-8F4195BC7258.jpg

Only problem is my trusty local garage is fully booked this week so have to wait till next Tuesday :bang:

Steve.

Niceone looks lovely.

Bet you cant wait to get it on.

In the mean time i expect you keep taking a peak of it laid out on the floor lol. Its like waiting for christmas.

Cheers Will, definatley chewing at the chomp wanting to get this on and patience isnt my strong point :) To be honest I do keep looking over my shoulder to have a sneak peak ;)

Niceone looks lovely.

Bet you cant wait to get it on.

In the mean time i expect you keep taking a peak of it laid out on the floor lol. Its like waiting for christmas.

Cheers Will, definatley chewing at the chomp wanting to get this on and patience isnt my strong point :) To be honest I do keep looking over my shoulder to have a sneak peak ;)

Got mine yesterday and it's going on today :yahoo: You are very welcome to use my ramp at my workshop but it's a bit of journey from Hampshire to South Wales! I was going to fit it as soon as it arrived but i decided to paint a few things on the underside of my car before i fitted it and painted it as well :bangin:

I've also got to take off the silver 19's i fitted and get the black racing harts back on as they look nicer, fit my new brake lines, bleed my new Brembo's (properly this time!!) , fit some nice tunes and some carbon bits then i'm done for 5 minutes :teeth:

Dave.

Sounds like your going to be busy Dave :) Mighty kind of you to offer and I think South Wales maybe a little to far. Let us know how you get on with your exhaust :thumbs:

Well you'd be very welcome :thumbs: Fitted my Cobra exhaust today and i'm really pleased with it, the fitment is good and the exhaust note is really nice. I went for the resonated system as i didn't want a repeat of the K1 exhaust i've just removed :teeth:

Dave.

Sounds like your going to be busy Dave :) Mighty kind of you to offer and I think South Wales maybe a little to far. Let us know how you get on with your exhaust :thumbs:

Well you'd be very welcome :thumbs: Fitted my Cobra exhaust today and i'm really pleased with it, the fitment is good and the exhaust note is really nice. I went for the resonated system as i didn't want a repeat of the K1 exhaust i've just removed :teeth:

Dave.

Well you are saying all the right things about the exhaust as I have gone for the resonated option aswell :thumbs:

Dave.

Well you are saying all the right things about the exhaust as I have gone for the resonated option aswell :thumbs:

You'll be pleased with it! At first start up i though it was a little too quiet but when you give it a blip it sounds really good and pretty much just the note i wanted. I've had a few titainium systems of late and they seem to sound exactly right but as they cost several times more this is spot on :teeth: I've got a system there from Ganador for an RX7 and that was $3500 just for the back box.............at that money i like my Cobra!!!!

Dave.

Cobra exhaust and y-pipe is now fitted :drive1 If I do say so myself it sounds absolutley lovely, sounds like how it should do! :cloud9:

Photo_56D1BCAB-0B16-DE99-76C2-94BF8FA1146C.jpg

Photo_18F0CFB6-05D0-A079-50BB-4BD7F66CDC24.jpg

Clear reflectors done at the same time, look so much blimmin better :D

Photo_654A6067-A515-BA2A-9D86-718B21A9158C.jpg

I have done a quick vid when it came off the ramps, having issues getting it across from mobile to computer at the moment :bang: Either way will do a proper HD vid soon enough I hope :teeth:

Edit: Finally got the blimmin vid off the mobile! - th_WP_000516.jpg