Amateur Photography Thread

Husky

And there was me thinking you had amazing photo skills :lol:

So if you're a whizz with Photoshop you get great pics.

Touching up pictures has been done since the film days! As you can see in the first and third pictures, there wasn't an awful lot done with them anyway :)

It's pretty difficult to shoot RAW mode and not have to edit them. If you shoot in JPG mode, the camera does some built-in processing. Bare in mind, I only learnt how to process pictures within the last year too :D

It's just a hobby, it gets me out of the house and wastes a bit of time. I'm just really honoured that people like what I do. Very amazing.

Thank you :)

Me and Bounty Bar Kid went for a minor wander yesterday. I'm going to put down the camera for a bit after September. I'm turning into a photo saddo.

8001092356_3874f33786_b.jpg

City Panorama. by Clwn, on Flickr

8001084060_b43d6ee0c5_b.jpg

Tower Bridge Panorama. by Clwn, on Flickr

8001084660_b68684c105_b.jpg

Tower Bridge. by Clwn, on Flickr

8001080585_b3ee2c51fb_b.jpg

Tower Bridge, City Hall Panorama. by Clwn, on Flickr

8001081220_03976c545f_b.jpg

Towards The Shard. by Clwn, on Flickr

1 is 25 seconds.

2 is 15 seconds.

3 is 30 seconds.

4 is 15 seconds.

5 is multiple exposure HDR.

Pics looks fab, was hoping to get similar shots in Singapore but the tripod is been left at home to keep the suitcases empty in preparation for 'shopping'. Still cannot complain about going to see a F1 night race in one of my favourite cities :).

1 is 25 seconds.

2 is 15 seconds.

3 is 30 seconds.

4 is 15 seconds.

5 is multiple exposure HDR.

Pics looks fab, was hoping to get similar shots in Singapore but the tripod is been left at home to keep the suitcases empty in preparation for 'shopping'. Still cannot complain about going to see a F1 night race in one of my favourite cities :).

Gang, looking forward to seeing the photos on your return from the Singapore GP... :)

Mike, great shot of hover fly, shame you missed the eyes being in focus of the red admiral tho.

What lens are you using for the macro work?

You won't belive me if I tell you!

I'm using a Sigma 70-300 zoom Macro, with my 450d, and the two fly shots were taken with a flash gun on 3/4 in full daylight with a filter on top with an orange glow.

The Sigma was a deal... £50! Couldn't argue... had to wait 3 weeks for it to come from China though. For what it is, a low spec cheap lens, it's absolutely fantastic value for money for an amateur togger like myself, would recommend it to anyone who wants to try macro.

The Red Admiral shot was the best of 200... He just wouldn't stay perfectly still for me. The frustration using the sigma is that it's quite slow really when focusing, hence the very slight blur.

Really appreciate the constructive criticism.

What Macro lenses do you guys use?

Just got my hands on a Fuji S9600 and want to take some decent pictures. I have only ever used a cheap camera or mobile. I now want to take the next step and try and get some more professional looking shots. Any basic advice for a simleton or should i stick with the automatic setting and see what happens. :thumbs: