Not sure this will buff out.....

spursmaddave

Dave looks like that all the time :boxing::p;)

If that was me I would look like this for weeks:

vodafone_pug_248.jpg

I hope it gets sorted quickly, it's always a sad day to see nice cars off the road.

As far as prosecution, it wouldn't happen it would be based on one persons story against another's, did you get any independent witnesses? The day CPS would authorise that going to court... :rant:

Cheers Graham nothing like a good friend to make you smile when you wanna cry :lol:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep us posted on this one & I hope they sort it out quickly. What courtesy car did you get? 1.0 Micra? :dry:

Started off with a 1.4 Corsa Ecomotive :thumbdown: Loads of toys and well kitted out but I swear the accelerator pedal was so sprung loaded, and even when you did force it down it made bugger all difference to how you were moving :lol: It also had a little green 'change up gear' light which made me chuckle, if you paid attention to it you were in 5th gear before you were doing 30mph :surrender:

Anyway it went back first thing Monday morning as it was all they had friday afternoon, and we now have a 2l Insignia TDCI which I have to say I am quite impressed with. It's quiet, reasonably quick, pretty frugal and quite nice to drive.... :thumbs:

SHould be able to get to Cornwall and back on one tank of the black stuff, would have been almost 2 tanks in the Zed... but a lot more enjoyable :lol:

i too quite like the Insignia, mate of mine had a diesel one as his courtesy car. I was impressed tbh

The Insignia is plagued at work, that's all they are allowed. Bored of them now. Nice but boring. Although the elite I think it is has waggling headlamps and flashes at you when you press the "open door" button!

Heard from the repairers just body work damage, which is what I thought and will be ready in 7-10 days :yahoo:

So looks like my Zed will see 100k after all :thumbs:

Just hope they make a good job of blending in the new panels, if they don't I will just refuse to pay until they do :p

Brilliant news Dave, really pleased for you mate :D:thumbs:

Heard from the repairers just body work damage, which is what I thought and will be ready in 7-10 days :yahoo:

Just hope they make a good job of blending in the new panels, if they don't I will just refuse to pay until they do :p

Weyhey! Glad to hear it fella :thumbs:

Has he accepted fault ?

I hope he has, otherwise you`ll have a nightmare. I had an accident a few years back where some old dear pulled straight out in front of me and knocked me off my motorbike. She admitted liability straight away. But after she spoke to her insurance company she then claimed it was my fault. My insurance company took 8 months to sort it out and in the end they decided it was 50/50 liability so I lost some of my NCB.

What a bumper tho, id have gone apesh!t if that was my car. Now you have all the hassle of repair companies trying to fix it and making a pigs ear of it. I had to send my girlfriends car back to the repair garage 4 times after her accident last year and the car was never the same.

Being a biker you soon learn to watch other cars, as in my experience you are more likely to have some idiot run into you, rather than crash yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked it up this afternoon B)

Very good job done IMO they have sprayed the whole drivers side of the car and blended it into both bumpers, looks superb, actually shows up the old paintwork a little :blush:

They have refurbed the curbed Ray but when they went to balance it they found it was slightly buckled, ok to drive but they have ordered me a brand new Ray which will be here in about 10 days....

I have been wondering if I should get new Bridgstones all round or Falcons, well I have had my mind made up as they have fitted a brand new front trye too, RE050A to match what came off :thumbs:

So nice to have my baby back :dance::yahoo:

Been working away so sorry for the delay, but if anyone is interested this is the finished result, not a great pic but you can see compared to the pic from the Grasshopper meet a while back they did the whole side as the petrol cap is no longer a different shade of blue :thumbs:

4df4fd54.jpg?t=1310320204

1d5696b9.jpg?t=1310320228

Looks as new fella :thumbs: Must have been so long, don't even remember the petrol cap being a different colour :lol:

Yeah I think they look different on most Azures as they are probably painted separately... I know Grahams was different too until he had a respray :thumbs:

Im well pleased with it, just got to hope I get my excess back now :boxing: