Not sure this will buff out.....

spursmaddave

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments guys...

The van driver seemed very sorry when he saw the damage, totally his fault so i hope it goes smoothly. Was company van, spoke to his boss who was a complete @@@@ and was just worried about him getting going again. He said that his driver said i was going too fast, which i told my insurance as i was not and as he cut into my lane, saying he saw me obviously is accepting blame wouldnt you say? :thumbs:

Its being picked up monday to assess the damage, i think im gonna take my cf and speaker out of the drivers door before it goes just in case...

Cant see it being a write off as no front or rear damage whatsoever, would be a real shame for the old girl not to make it to 100,000 miles...

I'm not a lawyer but, I sort of find that intersting:

- The van driver has said that you were driving too fast. So he has admitted that he saw you.

- He saw you and yet he still chose to move over. At the very least this is driving without due care, and if he keeps to his

statement that he though that you were driving too fast then the only assumption can be that he deliberately moved

over to to force you to brake. This is dangerous driving and should be prosecuted.

I would suggest that you get the police involved. If the van driver is charged with dangerous driving then I don't see how the Insurance company can wiggle out of it.

Ouch!

Did you manage to grab any independent witnesses?

I must admit that I'm now really conscious of this sort of incident where it's unfortunately just the 2 drivers stories to go on, and am really seriously contemplating one (or 2!) of these cameras in the car:

Roadhawk

or

Novus

just so there is some sort of unequivocal record...

I recently had 2 separate close calls (not in the Zed) at 2 junctions I hate, both involving a road narrowing from 2 lanes into 1 after a set of lights, both in 30 limits too. In both cases it would be my word against the other drivers and video would have shown my innocence.

Several years ago a twonk trying to impress his friends in his parent's people carrier screwed up taking a corner too fast in the wet and took out the entire drivers side of my 300ZX. To say the least I was unimpressed. Twonk's father turned up 10 minutes later with the insurance details and implied that it was possibly my fault. I simply said I would call the police and let them decide if it was dangerous driving, if twonk didn't admit to being responsible. I got a note admitting responsiblity from twonk there and then.

A quick phone call to the van driver pointing out that by his own admission he is responible for dangerous driving and that perhaps the police should get involved may very well concentrate his thoughts.

Assuming he wasn't intentionally being a tw*t, surely if you're in a van doing the speed limit, see a car in the next lane some way behind you and decide to pull out - then realise the car was going much faster than the speed limit when you hit it isn't dangerous driving... stupid yes, but dangerous?

Waved bye bye to the Zed on a flatbed this morning :byebye:

Just to be clear I was not speeding, the corner has a 30mph limit and in the 2 months I have lived here I have had and seen several close calls on that bend so I take it extremely carefully...

Also the van passed me, well not entirely as you can see from the damage, so even if I WAS speeding, he was travelling even faster... :doh:

I will hear probably in the next day or 2 what is what, just to rub salt in the wound when I came home today at the exact same spot there was a Police car in the layby, why oh why couldn't he have been there Friday, couldn't get a better independant witness than that :doh:

There MUST have been accidents on this bend before, does anyone know where you can get information like that?

Anyway I now at least have a brand new Insignia, which I must say is pretty nice to drive really :thumbs:

Assuming he wasn't intentionally being a tw*t, surely if you're in a van doing the speed limit, see a car in the next lane some way behind you and decide to pull out - then realise the car was going much faster than the speed limit when you hit it isn't dangerous driving... stupid yes, but dangerous?

Sounds like the business owner told the van driver to say that the OP was speeding. Probably trying to protect his fleet insurance costs. Words fails me about how big an a!"£$%e some people can be.

But it occours to me that if the van drivers states that he thought that the OP was speeding then he is clearly admitting that he (i) saw the OP in the lane and (ii) Tried to move into the lane regardless of the speed of the OP. In my book that is not just stupid, but dangerous driving.

I would also take the van driver's statement that he thought the OP was speeding (rather than attempting to blame the OP for trying to cut into the van's lane) as essentially a confession that he hit the OP rather than the other way around in which case I don't see how it cannot be the van driver's fault.

You can tell that I'm a bit sensitive about insurance issues at the moment because of an attempt of a fradulant insurance claim against my wife by someone who had clearly had a close encounter with a bollard smashing the front wing of their car claiming that the light supermarket trolly scuff scratch on the back of my wife's car had caused it.

I hope you get sorted...but do be aware that insurance companies really push 50:50 nowdays. My wife had a guy drive into the back of her whilst she was indicating and starting to turn right..write the car off and just over two years later we have received half the excess backmeaning the insurance went for 50:50 AFTER I said go to court......(ELEPHANT) I just got sick of it all like most do I guess. SO I hope you dont get the same treatment ..best of luck :thumbs:

If that was me I would look like this for weeks:

vodafone_pug_248.jpg

I hope it gets sorted quickly, it's always a sad day to see nice cars off the road.

As far as prosecution, it wouldn't happen it would be based on one persons story against another's, did you get any independent witnesses? The day CPS would authorise that going to court... :rant:

I hope you get sorted...but do be aware that insurance companies really push 50:50 nowdays.

This.

My mum had a similar thing where a young lad in his white van twatted into her on a rounderbout. He was completely in the wrong and admitted it (but no witnesses :doh: ) but once it went through the insurance, he somehow wasnt to blame any more! Ended up after about 6 months as them going 50:50 even though mum could prove he was in the wrong using arial photos of the rounderbout and description of what had happened with witnesses recollections too. Insurance co's just CBA to fight it out any more and go 50:50 all the time :rant:

Dave looks like that all the time :boxing::p;)

If that was me I would look like this for weeks:

vodafone_pug_248.jpg

I hope it gets sorted quickly, it's always a sad day to see nice cars off the road.

As far as prosecution, it wouldn't happen it would be based on one persons story against another's, did you get any independent witnesses? The day CPS would authorise that going to court... :rant: