Help Buying a 350z

Hi

Im new to this forum, infact this will be my first post.

So i just got a new job, happy days, and with the new job i get to buy a new car. so after looking through many types of cars i desided a 350z 313 gt is the way to go.

What i dont know is what to look out for on a 350z, i know the normal car stuff (used to have a supra) like tapping noise from engine, blue smoke on cold start up ect. But i have been told things like a "clunk or tapping from real when pulling off" means the rear axles need re greasing or replacing ?

so i though id ask you guys who own them, what tips you may have or if you have a buyers guide ?

im really looking forward to owning a 350z , just want to make sure i get a good uk one not import.

Thanks

Dont have to worry about blue smoke pal that's turbo oil seals and there's no turbo on the 350z.

The buyers guide is excellent but to be honest unless the engine is knackered there's not a lot that cant be fixed for under 1k, I'm a noob but that's my take on the research I did so dont take that as gospel

just watch for dodgy engine noises and a crappy gear change as the gear box could be naff

I always thought the Supra (this coming from another previous Supra owner) was pretty bullet proof but with all the things about turbo's going and replacement bottom ends going around it made made me realise that they were getting on :)

One thing I did have was a bit of a vibrating (kind of) noise at idle in neutral or with clutch down after research apparantly a 'chattery' clutch and pretty normal he he

have a good read of the buyers guide it helped me choose mine :)

:welcome:

Not to be overly negative - and I do agree with Peter to an end - but do be careful with what you buy though.

Whilst most things can be sorted for under 1k what you don't want is 5 things coming up at the same time - its not unheard of for people to buy a used and abused Zed being hit with the clutch, clicky axle, wheel bearing, ABS sensors, bits of trim all in quick succession.........chuck in a couple of duff tyres and shot pads and discs and your into some serious money.

Choose wisely and take your time - there are some nasty ones out there. :thumbs:

With the 350z 313 they arnt that old. They are 2007ish onwards and were only out for a couple of years before the 370z took over. Therefore, there should be very little wrong with them.

I was looking for the exact same car, but in roadster form earlier this year and there really isnt many about. Most I saw had either 20k or 50k on the clock depending on if it had just been a w/end car, or a daily driver.

Things I noticed is that the brakes usually need replacing at the 30k mark, which will set you back about £850 just for the parts. Tyres are also expensive, so check the condition of those. The pulley belt on the 313 tends to get worn out quickly and can show wear at 25k - only £35 for the part, but something to watch out for.

All in all, very little should and does go wrong with the 313 at the mileage you`ll be getting. Check that the car has a full history - elsewhere on here you can read how the servicing works with the P1, P2 and P3 services, so you can factor in when the next major service is due, and what it will cost you.

Id also checkout the road tax... the 313 is post 2006 so your looking at 600odd quid a year, compared to the 200odd the older ones will cost. And, the insurance.. you`ll be supprised how expensive these cars are to insure compared to other sports cars.

Good luck with your search.