At last i have a 350z..

Hi Guys,

Been reading the forum on and off for some time and just want to say it’s one of the best I’ve been on, the people on here are really helpfully and friendly, I’m glad I can now join in..

Over the years I’ve being playing with the idea of buying a 350z but petrol and the two seats with 3 kids always put me off. Anyway over the past 6 weeks I thought what the hell I want one so I sold my car and bought a 350z, also looking for 1.0 Toyota Yaris :dry:

The problem I have now is I can’t take the stupid grin off my face and the butterflies out of my stomach when I’m driving, the last time I had this feeling driving a car was when I took a Ferrari round a track.

Anyway now I finally have one I have a couple of questions, I’ll also search the forum for answers later when I get chance but as I’m typing now I thought I might as well ask....

1. Is there a way for the electric folding mirrors to fold in automatically when the engine is off?

2. I have the factory fitted sat nav but it’s a bit dated can the software be upgraded? If it can’t I might sell it..are they in

demand.

3. I have the 6 disk CD changer but can’t get a CD in, it tells me to “press eject “ which I do but nothing happens I can

just hear the magazine spinning ,is there a way of resetting the CD unit or does it sound faulty?

4. Typical of my luck drove the car back home after I just bought it and the widow wouldn’t close, I took the door panel off

and gave the motor a clean but it was pretty clean to start with, so looks like the motor has packed up, not sure if I

should get a refurbished motor, a new one or the best place to get it from?

5. Finally if I can’t get my CD player sorted I’ll have to buy a double din stereo, are all double din systems the same size/will

I need an additional brackets.

WELCOME :wave:

1. Is there a way for the electric folding mirrors to fold in automatically when the engine is off?

YEP ........... PM Cookbot

2. I have the factory fitted sat nav but it’s a bit dated can the software be upgraded? If it can’t I might sell it..are they in

demand.

NOPE AND NOPE

3. I have the 6 disk CD changer but can’t get a CD in, it tells me to “press eject “ which I do but nothing happens I can

just hear the magazine spinning ,is there a way of resetting the CD unit or does it sound faulty?

STRANGE

4. Typical of my luck drove the car back home after I just bought it and the widow wouldn’t close, I took the door panel off

and gave the motor a clean but it was pretty clean to start with, so looks like the motor has packed up, not sure if I

should get a refurbished motor, a new one or the best place to get it from?

CAN'T HELP SORRY

5. Finally if I can’t get my CD player sorted I’ll have to buy a double din stereo, are all double din systems the same size/will

I need an additional brackets.

THE GUYS WHO KNOW ABOUT ICE WILL BE ALONG SHORTLY I'M SURE

Thanks for the replies I'll defo PM Cookbot about the folding mirrors.

Think I might as well buy a new stereo with a built in sat nav. I remember someone on the forum was making them, think i saved the link somewhere.