Bad boy

ATTAK Z

I recently got caught doing 36 mph in a 30 limit zone and so have been offered a training course (£95) in lieu of points and a fine .......... question is ..... do I need to inform my insurers ?

There doesn't seem to be any definitive answer to this. Most people think that because it isn't a conviction and doesn't have a conviction code then there's no need to tell the insurance, others say you should inform them :shrug: . One interesting thing that came out is that you have to actually pass this course, if the police who are in attendance think that you aren't showing the right attitude then you'll fail and will get the points...does happen apparently :scare: . Another interesting fact is that the average age of course attendee's is 42.

Pete

Bad luck mate :thumbdown: I bet u didn't even realised u were going over the limit in the DB9. Well at least u get to go on a course. I wasn't given that option when i got my 3points and £60 fine when i was caught doing 38mph on a 30mph stretch in Lincoln 2 years ago. Those Barstewards and their mobile camera :rant::angry: I was running late for a clinic in Grantham.

Have you rung them and asked them?

not yet

Maybe that might be the best course of action then. Either they won't care and you're fine, or they do care and then you've been up front about it.

I agree with the majority on here, they almost certainly won't care, but why take the risk?

Otherwise the question would have to be 'have you ever broken the speed limit and not been given an endorsement' :lol:

:surrender:

How many of us could say no to that!

If it does become part of the insurance questions I'll be on me bike :scare: