buying a 350z tomorrow...quick sense check please?

Hi

As above - I have a 4x4 for family duties and am hoping to buy a 350z tomorrow from a local garage for some 'me time'!

Its an 05 reg, FSH, GT version (leather, bose etc) and has around 60k miles...and it will sell for £9,400.

The miles are my only concern. Would someone comment and let me know if I'm being ridiculous obsessing over the mileage? I was hoping for sub 40k miles but this car is literally just around the corner from me from a reputable garage and it would save me a lot of travelling to other cars/garages etc.

My plan was to go for an Impreza STi (I had a WRX when I was younger) - but when I got there the STi was parked close to the 350z and suddenly all my mates warnings about looking like a boy racer/chav/yobo in an STi were confirmed...the 350z looks grown up, has real presence and looks wise just blows the subaru out of the water (certainly at least for someone over 40).

So - any thoughts, comments - any kind words about 60k miles being no issue at all etc etc. My research shows that the car is reasonably priced - I'd appreciate some confirmation!

Cheers.

Nothing wrong with 60k. thats average miles for the year (based on 10k miles per annum UK average).

So long as its got full service history (service every 9000 miles or annually).

Hi and welcome to the forum. If the service history is correct i wouldnt worry about the miles. I would say they are about right for the year. :)

The cars are pretty bullet proof too. Check out the post in the FAQ sections for new members, some handy buying tips in there. :thumbs:

Also remember you will probably put on a thousand miles in the first week of ownership anyway. :lol:

:welcome:

Definitely worth reading the buying guides etc. There may be a few niggles but you could always negotiate down and get them sorted with help on here - definitely worth knowing your onions before you go there.

Good luck!

but this car is literally just around the corner from me from a reputable garage and it would save me a lot of travelling

As the others have said if the service history is OK and as you said above ^^^ you should be OK.

And welcome to the forum :wave: . (most of the members don't bit :lol: )

Many thanks all. Basically I got 'research blindness' - I must have read this forum for 48 hours non-stop...making then re-making my decision. So I was in no fit state to buy an ice cream never mind a 350z at the end of it.

So...I have 2 current options...both from Evans Halshaw :scare: (which is another complicating factor after seeing some comments on here directed at that dealership!)

if anyone has a spare 2 mins and would care to comment pros and cons then I'd really appreciate it...hopefully the links will work...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

and

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Depends on your intentions bud........are you planning on changing wheels, exhaust ETC?

First linky - has Rays which are more desirable that the standards on linky 2.

Zorst is plenty corroded on first one (not that it can't be salvaged but I always think that its a good indicator of if a car has been cared for or not - if you have nice shiny pipes why let them get corroded?). 2nd one is nice and shiny.

Private plate on the first one too by the looks of it.

Leather looks better on the 2nd one but difficult to tell from the piccies.

The mileage is obviously a fairly big difference but as prev stated nothing to worry about

If they are fairly comparable (history and condition wise) and your either happy with the wheels or fancy some aftermarket rims I'd go for 2nd one - lower mileage and slightly better condition from what the piccies show.