By Popular Demand - Minx has been Modified!

Ricey

After an unprecedented deluge of requests for pictures (well 1) and as the car has come back from the repair centre after having its bum fixed I thought I'd get busy with the G220 and friends to show off the bits and bobs I've done to the car.

Anybody got a burger? - For those that don't already know...I'm a bit of a klutz and tend to destroy all in my path when I try to do things - so the testicle shriveling ordeal of heating up the badges this morning and trying not to burn off all the paint wasn't expected to go well (Carla spent most of the time hiding behind the couch as I descended upon the car with her hairdryer).............however I managed it without incident! :yahoo:

Officially in the gang - Forum badges were also finally put on (people always say its the best mod - its really weird but it actually IS!).

Cheapskate!Also look out for the recession busting cubby hole mod ;)

Back to Black - Rays were refurbed a few months ago - gloss Black with polished lip - F1 Alloys in Mickle Trafford if anyone local is looking to have it done - perfect job and I've just gone back and had the Lancers wheels done too (I've stuck a few piccies at the bottom just in case anyone wanted to see the work).

Brummmmbobaabobbobaaa - Scorpion is now a nice new unit after much haggling with the repair center (I've just got back from having it refitted properly by a local garage as it was rattling like frig :bang: ) - for some reason it sounds even more stunning now. I wasn't too keen on the looks before but I think I was just put off because of the bent pipe on the old one.......I think Neil made the point that it really suits the lines of the bumper and I have to agree.

Anyways bit of pic whoring..........enjoy

IMAG0151.jpg

IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0153.jpg

The best mod!

IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0150.jpg

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0152.jpg

Budget mods FTW!

IMAG0154.jpg

Lancer Wheels refurbed and gloss Black

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

That doesn't make you a cheapskate. I've had that mod for a few years now and I think it enhances the cockpit quite nicely. :)

Nice pics, by the way - the car looks really good. :thumbs:

That doesn't make you a cheapskate. I've had that mod for a few years now and I think it enhances the cockpit quite nicely. :)

Nice pics, by the way - the car looks really good. :thumbs:

Cheers Jim......you've got to love it when you stumble across a free mod!

Cheers all :thumbs:

I was considering the bumper tuck but as its Carla's car and given my historical issues with breaking things I thought it was best I left it well alone in case I accidentally sawed the bumper in half or something!

I think the respray on the wheels (yes Dave I know black wheels are for knobbers.......and now both cars have got them! :bangin: ) has made the fact that it needs spacers even more obvious.

How big do you reckon the spacers would need to be? Doesn't it knacker the handling (I've seen a few people say it drove like a different car after they took them off).

hi m8,mine uses 20mm on the front and 25mm on the rear.imo it looks B)

I shall have to do some investigating........see I can sneak spacers on to the car when she's not looking :ninja::lol:

I don't know what it is about your car Buster and I've said it before but I'll say it again - it really is :cloud9:

hi m8,mine uses 20mm on the front and 25mm on the rear.imo it looks B)

I shall have to do some investigating........see I can sneak spacers on to the car when she's not looking :ninja::lol:

I don't know what it is about your car Buster and I've said it before but I'll say it again - it really is :cloud9:

thanks m8. :teeth:

Ricey have you thought about changing the colour of the door handles ?

i ve planned to change mine to body colour next :teeth:

I have done but I really need to find a body shop I trust to be honest. Everyone seems to have a mate who sorts them out with endless paint jobs for 50p but I've never had to get any work done so I don't really know anyone. The Lancer needs a couple of little bits doing too.

Also coupled with the fact that I could do with getting rid of this other house before I embark upon spuzzing money on door handles and spacers!

Body coloured would be pretty cool I reckon - certainly not seen it done on a rusty.

:scare: HOW MUCH FOR SPACERS!!!!!! Its a frigging 2cm thick disc of metal for Christ sakes!!!!

Sod that for a game of soldiers.........I'll make some - I need some steel, ordinary household bleach a common otter and a welding mask :thumbs:

:scare: HOW MUCH FOR SPACERS!!!!!! Its a frigging 2cm thick disc of metal for Christ sakes!!!!

Sod that for a game of soldiers.........I'll make some - I need some steel, ordinary household bleach a common otter and a welding mask :thumbs:

:lol::lol::clap:

i love you man thats hilarious.