Getting the best noise from the 350z...

djrm

Hi guys and girls

I have a 350z and have noticed that as standard, the engine / exhaust noise is not the greatest sound...

I used to have an FTO with an aftermarket exhaust system and it sounded lovely, you could really hear the V6 sound.

What's the best way to get that proper V6 sound from the 350z? Pop charger and a stainless system?

Anyone have any videos of their cars sounding good?

Thanks!

Ryan B)

The best v6 noise ive heard so far is either buddy club or k1. Both very different prices.

I love the sound of my scorpion aswell, theres no drone on the motorway but sings when you give it some, im running nismo y-pipe and unresonated decat pipes.

I've just fitted a JWT pop charger to my otherwise standard 350 and love the difference, sounds a lot better if you ask me!

I'm in the same boat about what to do next though, i do want a bit more noise, i cant stand anything that sounds "chavvy" though, im after super car sound so would be interesting to see what people are reccomending exhaust wise....

whats the benefits of just changing the "y pipe" everyone talks about and de-cats compared to a full system?

Every single person will give you a different answer ;)

If you want something loud then get a single exit with decats & headers - it will make a K1 sound silent B)

Something a bit more reasonable is HFC with a Blitz Nur Spec. ARC intake makes a much better noise than a pop charger also :thumbs:

I am with Neil on this one the best noise I have heard from a 350z was from my Buddy Club :cloud9:

But if you do anything but short journeys then it was too much of a drone for me anyway :surrender:

Currently a Milltek + HFC's is floating my boat quite nicely :boat:

At meet ups I have heard plenty of K1's which IMO should come with their own ASBO and Scorpions which are a nice alternative.

A Pop Charger gives a nice roar but caused hesitation in my experience, although gave a lovely noise :cloud9:

Of course you can fit the HKS like Zugara if you like the sound of an Elephant farting through a Tuba :thumbs::lol:

I have had a few different exhausts, and the only thing to do is get to a meet and listen to them. Videos do not do them justice IMO.

Scorpion = Great bark when giving it the beans

HKS (Replica) = Nice rumble sound when pottering, gets much louder. To droney for me

Milltek = Sound is getting much better every time I go out. Closest to a Nismo sound.... but half the price

Hi guys and girls

I have a 350z and have noticed that as standard, the engine / exhaust noise is not the greatest sound...

I used to have an FTO with an aftermarket exhaust system and it sounded lovely, you could really hear the V6 sound.

What's the best way to get that proper V6 sound from the 350z? Pop charger and a stainless system?

Anyone have any videos of their cars sounding good?

Thanks!

Ryan B)

IMHO, I love my nismo system. I still think it could be a bit louder/more aggressive though, which is why I'll be considering either berk hfc's or motordyne xyz with race cats and straight pipes.

Sorry to those that have k1, but, imho it just doesn't sound that nice to me and I'm not a fan of the looks either.

If you really wanted to be different, I'd love to hear another example of this, would probably be the only one in the uk also:

If you wanted plain, obscenely loud and imho doesn't look nice:

Here's my nismo though:

th_350zexhaust.jpg

Thanks for all the responses people!

The sound I want is a supercar growl, not stupid chav loud and droney on motorways... Something that almost quiet at 2-3K but roars nicely and gives you the proper V6 sound at 4K+

Sounds like Nismo is a popular choice and I have heard that Pop Chargers give a good sound too...

I will have to get to a meet I think and listen to some others to get a better idea...

Thanks again! B)

The sound I want is a supercar growl, not stupid chav loud and droney on motorways... Something that almost quiet at 2-3K but roars nicely and gives you the proper V6 sound at 4K+

Sounds like Nismo is a popular choice and I have heard that Pop Chargers give a good sound too...

I will have to get to a meet I think and listen to some others to get a better idea...

Thanks again! B)

If you fancy a nice run we are having a meet up in Horsham this Sunday, you can hear a HKS, Milltek with Pop Charger and Milltek with HFC's all in a line :thumbs:

Oh and maybe a Nismo to if Risingpower puts his foot down about shopping :lol:

Thanks again! B)

If you fancy a nice run we are having a meet up in Horsham this Sunday, you can hear a HKS, Milltek with Pop Charger and Milltek with HFC's all in a line :thumbs:

No point in listening to those rubbish millteks, they're only for dave :wheelchair::lol:

Even the nismo drones though :wacko: I'd try the greddy evo 2 :thumbs:

IMHO the nismo is the jdm sound. The greddy evo is slightly musclier? If you're looking for a "supercar" sound, i'm not sure you'll get it. 3.5 v6 <> supercar imo. Though, I guess the nsx had a v6.

This imho = muscle/supercar sound:

Oh lordy, I think I just did a sex wee.

Thanks again! B)

That could be a plan actually! I will have to see what my plans are family wise as it's just after NY but I think I'm free... ;)