Why get a personalised number plate?

Rubber

I don't get it...what is the point in a personalised number plate? :shrug:

Ok, i can see the point in a plate with very few digits because it can look neater, but getting your name or initials across the front of your car - why? And some of these plates are very costly :scare:

Why not just get stickers with your name and paste them down the side of the car :lol:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And yes, I've got one! :lol:

My name is Bissett.

MY REG is: B155 ETS

Makes sense to me. :lol:

Nah, sorry still doesn't make sense!!! Is this one of things where you get it or you don't!!!! This idea of having 'CHRIS' written across the front of my car doesn't add anything in my opinion! However, a nice carbon splitter, that looks cool!!!

i have one because i like to think of myself as being special, i like a special plate, i like to personalise my car, hence the reason i got a personalised plate... its personalised.. my cars personalised. Theres the reason :lol:

I kinda get the point of plates that use initials, but it's the ones that try and spell things that they clearly don't that irritate the living snot out of me. M33 EDJ I can just about live with, but N15 NMO? If you can't afford to do it properly, then don't do it at all and don't mis-space(or mis-washer) the bloody things either! That just looks utterly horrid to me.

Not trying to offend anyone, it's just a pet hate 'tis all. As long as you like it, then that's all that matters.

I shall still mock you for it though

I was parked up beside a friend of mine who also has Zed, at a five aside pitches. He has a private reg and I don't but his tyres were slashed when we went back to the car and mine wernt.

He cant remember upsetting anyone in particular so I put it down to his flashy reg plate :p

Some people are just really envious and like to get one over you, I think with a nice car and a private reg you could just incite that behaviour.

But I still think they look good if they are done well.

Because it makes the older generation and those that don't know any better think you are posh and rich.

Thats why people buy old Jags and Mercs..........so Eric and Doris from their Conservative Club will glower at them in jealousy - not realising that the Jag/Merc only cost £5k.

Same with a plate - looks expensive to those who don't know and better - but its only £250.......a doley could buy one if they didn't eat for a week

And yes...........R111 CYY adorns my car :lol:

yeah mate! I came up with it all by myself as well - 12k on a plate....fk that, I could buy my Supra for that :evil:

lol a supra,.... pfft just kidding i love supra's but would only by the twin turbo jobby.

yeah he's a rich man, he's owns a mining company so 12k is nowt to him.

You came up with it yourself charlotte? Thats very clever of you :clap: Now we all know your filthy minded :lol: