Bit of bad news.

350zStephen

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening guys.

Just a little update on how my old man is getting on...

We learned a few weeks ago that he has 4 months left. And in the past two weeks, his health has deteriorated greatly, and struggles to walk up and down the stairs at home due to shortness of breath.

He had 2 litres of cancerous fluid drained from his lungs 7 days ago, which helped his chest for a few days, but he is now worse than he has ever been.

Christmas day was very hard for the family, but still a very special day that I will remember forever. All the family were round for dinner, and had a big party.:)

We went to the football for match hospitality yesterday and it was amazing. We had club legends, cup winners, and current players come up and chat to us. And plenty of pictures were taken, it was a superb day (apart from the result).

My dad is meeting the consultant on Thursday to arrange chemotherapy. He's a stubborn old fox, and won't go without giving it a good fight.

Fingers crossed, and the family are not giving up hope.

Have a great new year guys, and be safe. :thumbs:

Found it hard going through this thread coz it brought back such strong feelings when they discovered that my dad's cancer had metastasised/spread to his lymph nodes. By some miracle he's still here a couple years later.

Your dad's lucky to have such a loving family close by.

• 4 weeks later...

Evening fellow zedders!

Just a wee update on how my old man is getting on.

He was recently transferred to the Golden Jubilee hospital in Clydebank for an operation on his lungs, to prevent cancerous fluid accumulating in them. However, he has had constant set back after setback, and he has been in hospital for over a month. In the time he has been in hospital, he has turned into skin and bones, and can't open his eyes up, and struggles to talk.

On Monday night, he took a bad turn, and is in a terrible way just now. The consultant met with us today, and advised my dad has weeks to live due to pneunomia, and another infection that he has. He is heavily reliant on oxygen, and he started his morphine driver today. I can't imagine how he is feeling and what is going through his mind at the moment.

Just goes to show how precious life can be, and how your life can be turned upside down in months. So please live life every day like its your last, I know I certainly will, and make sure all my loved ones are well looked after.

My zed is also sold, and the new member from this forum should collect it on Friday. I'm gutted she's going...

Stephen

Our thoughts are with u buddy. Agreed tho puts a different perspective on life when u see a close one go thru something like this

I couldn't agree more with Irfan.

Your dad is still with you now Stephen, and although I can only imagine how hard this is for you and your family, you still have some time left with your dad. Spend as much time as you can together and say everything you need to say.

On another note, I know that I only know the half of it, but the effort you have made since finding out about your dad's condition is huge and I am sure he recognises and appreciates this. Keep your chin up and even though the zed is going, us members hope we will catch up with you at some of the meets or for a pint this soon. Chin up! :thumbs:

Hey buddy. Im gutted to here this ! I'm sure everyone on here is praying for your dad. The stuff you've done really makes a difference and i'm sure your dad is honoured that you've done all that you can to help others. Remember to keep your chin up.

I'm only up the road if you want to talk. You have my number.

My thoughts and wishes are with you and all your family, Stay strong..