***** SNOW NOV/DEC 2010 *****

ATTAK Z

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg omg omg.....I want snow so badly, I will literally wet myself with excitement, like a small child with no bladder control :thumbs:

You obbiously arent a Zedder! :p Snow is evil, EVIL!

No signs of the apocalypse in Blasingsmoke this year, phew! I do have some work to do on the car today though and its f'in freezing :cold: Now do I work outside in the sun where its cold, or in the garage with 1000w of site lights to warm it up? :lol:

So, you are a wimp Zedder Chris :p

Hey I got back fine in the snow last time, its all the other people that cant drive that get in the way :p Given the choice of snow or no snow, I know what I'd pick though!

I'm with you on this one Chris. I've just been talking to colleagues at work about the snow. I don't mind if there's 4ft of snow, then I'll stay at home, if there's no snow I'll come to work, it's that in-between snow that causes the issue. You may start out thinking all is well, but then the heavens open and 6 inches of snow falls and you've had it. Slip slidding away, I recall last year I sat at some traffic lights, I couldn't go forward due to the camber and angle of the road. I just ended up sliding towards the gutter and remained there until I could find traction.

Then there was my attempt at going up a hill, lets just say the car was sideways the whole way up!! Great fun yes, although when it catches you out, that's when it's unpleasant!

Travelled from Wiltshire to Norfolk to visits family last night. Not a flutter until just entering Norfolk, even then it wasn't bad & I didnt really need to reduce speed until I got to swaffam couldn't do more than 35-40 sometimes down to 20. Fortunately there wasn't much snow on the road, was more of a visibility issue than anything lol.

Well having spent the last 3 years with the zed living out in the sticks, untreated country roads for five miles, people up your backside in their range rovers who don't appreciate you're in a RWD but I survived..........now i've moved onto a big new housing estate and i'm thinking this will be so much better - how wrong could i be??? Black ice, cars parked everywhere like skittles, corners to negotiate, bends, uphill to get out of the estate and then downhill to the main road.....nightmare. But what really pee'd me off was the fact that the last bit is a nasty sharp bend going up hill so you have no choice but to press the gas - the council have kindly placed a big grit container there. Has anyone who lives near that container put grit on the corner? NO have they hell! When i lived in a village everyone gritted on the bends where the council had left grit. So looks like a girl who lives at the other end of the estate is going to have to park on the hill and shovel the grit while the people in the big houses on the corner watch out of the window! :thumbdown:

Dont be so gay, especially the scare mongers on SKY news!! ooooooh Drama!! :doh:

Picture from Stew this morning (Aberdeenshire)

oAmrSd91yH.jpg

He is not going to let a bit of frozen water get in his way! :lol:B):clap:

The roads look fine whats the problem other than trying to fill 24 hours with news?

Dont be so gay, especially the scare mongers on SKY news!! ooooooh Drama!! :doh:

Picture from Stew this morning (Aberdeenshire)

oAmrSd91yH.jpg

He is not going to let a bit of frozen water get in his way! :lol:B):clap:

The roads look fine whats the problem other than trying to fill 24 hours with news?

I couldn't agree more - once i got to the main road, no problem - in fact less of a problem because of all the wimps that stayed at home! I live 30 miles from work yet there's people staying at home that live way closer. A flake of snow and the whole country grinds to a halt!

You can get into trouble though if you do make it in from further away.

I had to commute from south of Birmingham to Rugby a few years ago and we had some bad snow that winter so I set out for work thinking "I'll give it a go but if it gets bad I'll turn round"

It was slow going :drive1 but never got to the stage where I was worried I wouldn't make it or get stuck so 2.5hrs later I trundle into work to find out of the 150 people who worked there only 12

had made it in and some who didn't live very far at all didn't. One who'd come in was my boss who was amazed that I'd come in from so far away, he thanked me for coming and said that there

was nothing much that could be done with so few people in so I could go home with no loss of hours :)

After the weekend the roads were clearer and most people turned up only to be told that as a member of staff had made it in all the way from Redditch, all the people who lived closer and didn't

make it in would be docked either a days pay or a days holiday. Took a while before that was forgotten :blush:

With all the panic stories I thought choose traction (Van) over heating (MX5) this morning.

I even dug out my Ski jacket to keep warm but looking out of the window at my orange icecube on wheels and thought naaa sod it will take my trust in Michellin Pilot sports and Mazda's traction control. :drive1

The hardest thing I had to do is defrost the windscreen! :lol:

after the fall of my zed i got a big 4x4 for the winter, which tbh i have left on rwd and not used the 4wd yet, its so heavy it only slides if you make it :teeth:

as for other effects of the snow....

1046021220.png

its normally around 5-7 download and i'm not entirely sure on why the snow has this effect on it. any ideas?