1. 1. Which one

• Audi S4
    • BMW M3

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been interesting as this poll has stemmed from a conversation/argument husky and i had the other night. next year i might be needing a bigger car with 4 seats, and i've been racking my brains on what to get. i love the S2000 but it might have to be swapped out in the summer.

i've kind of settled on the M3 for the money, looking at the E46 with the straight 6 not the E92 with the V8 and husky reckons the audi S4 is better.

i also still want to keep the convertible life so will be probably getting the vert and not the coupe. and i like the cinammon leather :blush:

just goes to show the old horses for courses thing. we all have different tastes.

i really like the m3, but husky says if i buy one he'll only ride in it if i get him a brown paper bag to put over his head.

if any one has any suggestions of possible alternatives then let me know as both me and husky are stumped on what to look at; especially as i've spent weeks trawling piston heads classifieds.

i really like the m3, but husky says if i buy one he'll only ride in it if i get him a brown paper bag to put over his head.

if any one has any suggestions of possible alternatives then let me know as both me and husky are stumped on what to look at; especially as i've spent weeks trawling piston heads classifieds.

Happy for you to put what ever you like over Husky's head if it keeps him quiet for a while :lol:

Sorry, I find them both bland and uninspiring. BMW dealership is closer so I'll go for that one ;) .

Pete

Nooooooo......take the queensferry bypass instead and to the audi garage on cheshire oaks ....its longer but quicker!

That's the same crew that ran Audi Sealand Road (next door to BMW), they were incredibly dismissive towards me when I enquired about A TT a few years ago. "We can sell as many as we want, don't need your business, 3-6 months wait, might not be the colour you want, no discount for cash, blah, blah ,blah ", put me off Audi big time, in fact sadly I got pretty much the same response from Hartwell Nissan. At least BMW actually had some cars to sell when we bought the Z4.

Pete

Sorry, I find them both bland and uninspiring. BMW dealership is closer so I'll go for that one ;) .

Pete

what would you reccomend in stead if you had to have more seats? budget of around £15k

I guess something like this wouldn't appeal?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Or this?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Bit over, but it is a convertible:

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/2219512.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/2201591.htm

Actually, the Mustang is interesting, very interesting :) . I've never followed the flow, always gone for something different even if isn't always the smartest thing. Went for a GT6 when everyone else went for MGB GT's, always picked the underdog, Ford Capri 2.8i, Celica T-Sport, Sunbeam Stiletto. Nothing against BMW or Audi, good cars, far too sensible for me though :lol: .

Pete

Actually, the Mustang is interesting, very interesting :) . I've never followed the flow, always gone for something different even if isn't always the smartest thing. Went for a GT6 when everyone else went for MGB GT's, always picked the underdog, Ford Capri 2.8i, Celica T-Sport, Sunbeam Stiletto. Nothing against BMW or Audi, good cars, far too sensible for me though :lol: .

Pete

IMHO most BMW's/Audis are just euroboxes with a few exceptions. I don't rate "german build quality" either.