1. 1. Which one

• Audi S4
    • BMW M3

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you should say that....my mate went in to by a Q7 and he had the exact same treatment!

All flash and no substance I'm afraid......like an M3 driver.come to think about it :lol:

I think Audi must send their salesmen to Germany for training in Arrogance and Superiority :lol

Pete

Anything? Besides, it's only involving when you turn ESP off. Then you feel how heavy the rear is.

Heavy? Hardly, they're wonderfully balanced and on a decent setup you can hang the back end out for hours or nail the apex crisply every time, depending on mood. Well, IMHO anyway.

Sorry, I find them both bland and uninspiring. BMW dealership is closer so I'll go for that one ;) .

Pete

what would you reccomend in stead if you had to have more seats? budget of around £15k

I guess something like this wouldn't appeal?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Or this?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Bit over, but it is a convertible:

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/2219512.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/2201591.htm

nice ideas, i've looked at and like the monaro and it is on the list, but i just don't like the dash and centre console and as its what i'll see most of the time; i think it might do my head in.

as for the american muscle.i want a car that handles, i like drivers cars and the mustang when it comes to the first corner will just wallow round it in a fat lardy american style.

the m3 vert is 250kg heavier than the coupe, but only o.5 seconds slower. and because it has a lower centre of gravity it apparently handles better than the coupe.

others are right though it is the main stream choice and i've always had something a little different.

nice ideas, i've looked at and like the monaro and it is on the list, but i just don't like the dash and centre console and as its what i'll see most of the time; i think it might do my head in.

as for the american muscle.i want a car that handles, i like drivers cars and the mustang when it comes to the first corner will just wallow round it in a fat lardy american style.

the m3 vert is 250kg heavier than the coupe, but only o.5 seconds slower. and because it has a lower centre of gravity it apparently handles better than the coupe.

others are right though it is the main stream choice and i've always had something a little different.

Shame about the interior putting you off, imo I found the mustangs interior looked a bit cheaper, but with the red seats... yes.. It's different and is fun.

The mustang does handle albeit with the roush suspension kit, but I love roushed mustangs.

If you're after out and out performance, why get a convertible?

Anything? Besides, it's only involving when you turn ESP off. Then you feel how heavy the rear is.

Heavy? Hardly, they're wonderfully balanced and on a decent setup you can hang the back end out for hours or nail the apex crisply every time, depending on mood. Well, IMHO anyway.

1550kg is heavy. I did however come from a ctr to the M3, but even the Z feels (and is) lighter than the M3. It just felt a bit too.... refined/german for me? It may be wonderfully balanced, but it just doesn't do it for me. After all, it is a big heavy coupe which is a compromise between comfort, practicality and performance.

no, i'm after a drivers car; that doesn't have to mean all out performance. and when it comes to fun i seem to have more fun when you can take the roof off; it turns any kind of journey into an interesting one. i've always been a hardcore soft topper. have it down all the time; at night time, in winter, when its still raining. etc etc.

its partly why i went off my zed, felt trapped with the roof on.

i need to go and testdrive some cars to see what they are like for real.

there are always compromises in cars, never had a car where i havent had some kind of compromise.

no, i'm after a drivers car; that doesn't have to mean all out performance. and when it comes to fun i seem to have more fun when you can take the roof off; it turns any kind of journey into an interesting one. i've always been a hardcore soft topper. have it down all the time; at night time, in winter, when its still raining. etc etc.

its partly why i went off my zed, felt trapped with the roof on.

i need to go and testdrive some cars to see what they are like for real.

there are always compromises in cars, never had a car where i havent had some kind of compromise.

Fair enough :thumbs: I don't think people would like to see my ugly mug, but hearing the mustangs supercharged v8, who cares? :lol:

I just love how flat the roush mustang corners here and they do the trakpak in both convertible and coupe:

See, no roof ma!

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1591812.htm

I felt the M3 compromised on too much, took it away from being a drivers car into a reps fast coupe. M3 CSL is nothing like that, nor imho the mustang.

The M3 rasp is ****ing annoying......

is it exhaust based? would a different exhaust and filter improve it?

Its more of a rattly, tinny engine noise rather than an exhaust noise. IMO a different exhaust wouldn't massively alter the type of sound that much. It's a shame as it's one of the biggest let downs with the car.

I really enjoyed ours and even made a grand on it when we sold it :D

The M3 rasp is ****ing annoying......

is it exhaust based? would a different exhaust and filter improve it?

You can get rasp eliminators but imo it sounds even worse. If you don't like the rasp, don't get an M3. It's designed to sound like that and to try and make it sound otherwise imo is plain stoopid.

The other thing is how rattly it is at idle and when just driving round.

TBH it wasn't my major bug bear with the car, it was everything going wrong and the stoopid clutch delay valve which means when you're driving around town, or at low speeds you jerk back and forwards with gear changes regardless of how ok the change is.

Get a V8, that's the sound to have. Hearing some track modified holdens and seeing a monaro pull away from the dartford tolls, that's the sound to have.