Oh my god - so happy!!!!

marzman

Well... i've had my first bit of good luck in a very long time... i've finally got my promotion at work today which has been looming for the last 4 months!

Im now moving from being a 'Software Developer' to a 'Business Consultant'.

It's a lot more responsibility and will mean longer days etc as i have to travel a bit, but the money is ridiculously good, considering im 26 :D I cant believe it.

This now means that.... der der der der der der der der derrrrr.... i can get myself another 350z pretty soon!!

I'm probably going to get one either late this year or early next... :yahoo:

Great news, well done buddy, thats a move in the right direction, because it pays for the Zed. :thumbs:

What software were you a developer in? The big growth area in IT atm is Business Intelligence, if you get an opportunity to do that and jump at it. Give it a few years and then go inderpendant and you could have a GTR :teeth:

Ahh cheers everyone...! The congrats are much appreciated! :blush: Im still over the moon with my new situation this morning.

What software were you a developer in? The big growth area in IT atm is Business Intelligence

Chris, I was developing in RPG and a little Java, but the market is Sports Ticketing. We provide the ticketing systems for clubs like Liverpool and Man City etc So my new role will be as a consultant to these clubs plus many more (incl clubs in Greece and South Africa!). Its quite an interesting segment, but high pressure.

Nice one! :thumbs: Whats wrong with the 370?

My life isn't totally sorted yet - as Wayne says, i've been due some good luck. My fiancee who i've been with for 7 years is African and we're having a legal battle with the Home Office at the moment to allow her to stay in the country - meaninig she could be deported, despite her living here for 10 years!! If thats the case then i'll be going with her :byebye: So she had to give up work and i've been paying huge legal bills for the last 8 months. This is why i had to sell my zed in the first place. So, until this is resolved and she's back in work, i wont be looking at a 370... :)

Thanks again peeps. :thumbs: