My S/C figures

Ian

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, awesome work. I take it you are no longer hankering after GTRs? ;)

:blush: I still look daily & if I got a good offer on the Z then I'd sell it :lol:

good work there sounds like it went pretty smoothly.

so do normal maintenace items now include frequent tyre changes ? :)

Pretty smooth apart from my inability to tighten jubilee clips properly :blush: & the leaky radiator was a pain in the arse :dry:

Awsome dude! Amazing results.

R

Thanks. You should try it :p

Congratulations Ian :clap:

Very nice graph and figures mate :thumbs: It is a very safe tune and would reward you with super duper reliability.

I can't wait for the pics/vids so hurry up with that damn chinese :rant:

Very nice graph and figures mate :thumbs: It is a very safe tune and would reward you with super duper reliability.

Pics & vids will have to wait ;)

This map has pretty much maxed out the MAF so to run anymore boost I'm gonna need to upgrade that & can then maybe try with the smaller pulley but atm I'm happy & for the amount I use the car I will probably stay happy with it :)

Pics & vids will have to wait ;)

This map has pretty much maxed out the MAF so to run anymore boost I'm gonna need to upgrade that & can then maybe try with the smaller pulley but atm I'm happy & for the amount I use the car I will probably stay happy with it :)

thought the torque looked like it hit a wall a bit early !

still nice smooth climb up the hp figures.

Why do say it is lean then? Cars pulling no hard boost so no need to be running rich.

Torque flatens off due to S/C running out of puff but it has maxxed the airflow meter.

But running over 400bhp l feel is enough for a stock motor.

I think you were right about getting a quieter exhaust :blush:

Why do say it is lean then? Cars pulling no hard boost so no need to be running rich.

Torque flatens off due to S/C running out of puff but it has maxxed the airflow meter.

you're not going twin exit are you??? :lol::lol::lol:

you're not going twin exit are you??? :lol::lol::lol:

No chance :p

Granted, and it's not exactly dangerously lean (far from it), but given that there's already a slight blip in the power graph at that point anyway I'd have expected the AFR to follow the downward line as boost increases, not go back up briefly from where it was at 2.5K. The car is still under boost between those points (3psi - 5psi) too.

I'm no mapping expert at all and I'm not saying for one second that it's a bad tune (far from it, I'd be very happy with that!), I'm just trying to expand my knowledge at these things should I go down the same path in the future. Sorry if it came across as a harsh criticism, I certainly didn't mean for it to. :)

but given that there's already a slight blip in the power graph

13.2 to 13.4 AFR change , stock car swings the AFR more than this when it is on closed loop.Thats as we are swinging the inlet cam agressively that causes the bhp blip. Remember this is a full throttle pull you dont normally run full throttle from this low RPM when driving on the road

No worries re your idea,s re the AFR,s but I am 100% happy with the AFR.

To be honest if you had rods and pistons fitted i would run the car far leaner than I am at the moment

stock pistons are made of chocolate , any detonation and your break a ring land simple as that.

I think you need to see some of the Utec mapped cars I think you see some big AFR swings.

I am in the US at the moment tuning the Project Z VQ motor on Performance Motorsport dyno, try to get a vid and get in posted up

I was chatting to Mark on the phone yesterday, and he said your car was LOUD!

Im looking forward to seeing it tomorrow, and having a good natter about my FI plans :thumbs::teeth:

I was chatting to Mark on the phone yesterday, and he said your car was LOUD!

Im looking forward to seeing it tomorrow, and having a good natter about my FI plans :thumbs::teeth:

But was it louder than mine mark?? :lol:

Alright for some jetting off to the states to do some tuning B)